Update 303 Released! - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Blrg wrote: »
    1) Lately I have been experiencing a few times a new kind of rifle jam. Maybe 4-5 times in a whole week, or something like that. This jam prevents you from shooting until you change to another weapon. It is probably related to the changes in the animation of the rifle

Really? I thought that one was finally gone for good. I have not seen it in many builds now.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »
    1) Lately I have been experiencing a few times a new kind of rifle jam. Maybe 4-5 times in a whole week, or something like that. This jam prevents you from shooting until you change to another weapon. It is probably related to the changes in the animation of the rifle

Really? I thought that one was finally gone for good. I have not seen it in many builds now.

I don't think I have ever experienced this one before (but my memory is pretty bad)
    The only riffle bug that I remember was the classic reload bug (which I have not had in ages)

Just keep an eye on it. If no one else have experienced it a single time then maybe is something related to me somehow
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Power nodes should give an audio and two visual? (Red animated circles on map, and a commander alert you can press space-bar to view)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Power nodes should give an audio and two visual? (Red animated circles on map, and a commander alert you can press space-bar to view)

It happens to me very often too that as a commander I do not get a notification when a powernode is under attack. Lost a few games due to this because your camera is never over your main base.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Remove powernodes instead?
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Nordic wrote: »

I don't think I have ever experienced this one before (but my memory is pretty bad)
    The only riffle bug that I remember was the classic reload bug (which I have not had in ages)

Just keep an eye on it. If no one else have experienced it a single time then maybe is something related to me somehow

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to keep an eye out for it this week. Rifle jam is one of those things that's insanely difficult to fix because it's so frustratingly difficult to reproduce with any real consistency.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Blrg @The_Welsh_Wizard

I have suspected that before, but because I cannot reproduce it reliably I've always chalked it up to there being too much noise / too many notifications.
    Here's a video of it working correctly:

If you can reproduce it, please get it on video to help getting it fixed.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow

I am not trying to necro this thread.
    I just want to point out that I have not experienced this bug ever again since the release of update 304, so it was probably related to the problem with rifle animations

Just saying in case someone was still worried about it