Selectable Spawn areas

IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow Posts: 2,679 Advanced user
One of my longest lasting gripes of ns2 is it's unintuitive spawn selection feature, as it is right now you mark a spot in a map and hope it spawns you somewhere close to there.

It would ease up on some of the spawning confusion and randomness if you could select a specific techpoint and be put into a queue for that specific techpoint, similar to the battlefield games.

ituWdsVl.png
*rough mock-up*
BicsumKasharicHandschuhNordicAurOn2

Comments

• PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff Posts: 1,183 mod
    Something like what we have for Hives actually. I agree.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."

• KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer Posts: 637 Advanced user
    I've been wanting something like this for a long time.
    Meph isn't an NSL admin anymore!

#blameHefty
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 797 Advanced user
    The only drawback I see, is that marines have a linear spawn queue, so if everyone selects one location spawning will take longer.
    For this to work properly, you'd also have to indicate how many spawners there are for each IP...
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
  • TriggerHappyBroTriggerHappyBro Ohio Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217383Members, NS2 Playtester Posts: 31 Advanced user
    I think that's what these are for
    xaf1fdetmp3j.png
    BicsumIeptBarakatKasharicMe9a
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members Posts: 797 Advanced user
    @TriggerHappyBro oops, my bad :D
    NO Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation Posts: 1,475 Advanced user
    This would actually be great for the good old-fashioned, drop chair, drop ip, recycle chair maneuver.
    mattji104
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members Posts: 295 Advanced user
    It's a good idea, even though marines aren't really about taking multiple tech points necessarily. It still would help in certain situations and also large player rounds.