Cleansing room

OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
When you go through your hatch in your sea base you have to go through a decontamination process to cleanse yourself so you can enter your base. This would also be awesome to have for when you walk into your labratory.

Comments

• OctoChocolateOctoChocolate Buttface Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217152Members
    So you won't get sick. But that would also have to be added. It would help with health too.
  • AntoninAntonin Montréal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216529Members
    This procedure will be too long and the fact that sometimes you enter/exit your base really fast would make it useless and annoying.
  • RalijRalij US Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217092Members
    Perhaps as its own area, either a purpose build room or something that goes in the middle of a multi-purpose room, and not attached to the hatches? That would get around the need for having it every time you go in and out of the large aquariums too.
  • CHATALOTCHATALOT Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217696Members
    I think in it's own center thing (like the bioreactor and alien containment) You would step into it and then translucent Holo-Laser-wall-things surrounded you and mechanical arm things (like in the seamoth-moonpool but with different tools at the end) gave you like an injection or scan thing and sanitised/restored your health and maybe helped lower % rates of diseases/illnesses or even if you or certain items could get contaminated with radiation it would remove that as well! the more work on you/your stuff it did the more power it would consume!
  • werner339werner339 Warsaw Join Date: 2016-02-24 Member: 213389Members
    If your aim was to introduce some additional immersive delay while passing the border between the wet and dry worlds, I would rather suggest some animation of water filling/draining from the hatch chamber, maybe taking a helmet on and off. I think it would be more compatible with the lore, as actually the radiation is not meant to be that deadly and persistent (especially after you fix Aurora).

Regards,
    Werner
  • CHATALOTCHATALOT Join Date: 2016-05-29 Member: 217696Members
    werner339 wrote: »
    If your aim was to introduce some additional immersive delay while passing the border between the wet and dry worlds, I would rather suggest some animation of water filling/draining from the hatch chamber, maybe taking a helmet on and off. I think it would be more compatible with the lore, as actually the radiation is not meant to be that deadly and persistent (especially after you fix Aurora).

Regards,
    Werner

Both of them can exist as mine is separate and not compulsory every time you enter; it's actually a cleansing room; as apposed to a hatch-cleanser mechanic or entering animation
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    Seems weird to have 2 rooms for each function, a normal airlock would in theory be enough.

You go in, water draining, when drained a decontamination process begins and when it's complete you can open the inner airlock.
    Same procedure when you walk out, but option to skip the decontamination process when you exit your base as you already went thru it.

But thinking of other players that enter and exit the base on several occasions the "airlock, pressurize, decontamination" system should be optional, for those who dont want it.
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members