For the first time, I am worried.

OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
For the first time, I am truly worried that player numbers in NS2 are not replenishing fast enough.

At this rate of player loss, we will have only one or two populated servers world wide within 6-8 months.

Suggestions? Some of mine ( and laments :( ):

If only we could roll back time and introduce the rookie servers 5 patches earlier, we had a really good chance of doing something there but honestly I think the entire community, beta testers and all, missed that idea and it was introduced a little to late, sadly, as it is and was a great idea.

High ping kick - in a game designed to 'unite the world through play' we really don't need high ping kicks.

I have seen many great players that only have 1200ish skill in HIVE, yet they are allowed in the 1500 skill max servers - I don't know if we will ever solve the problem of smurf accounts but some players really need to be honest with themselves about their relative skill level. I guess human nature being what it is this is an unattainable goal.

Non European play - I have played on Japanese, Brazilian and Chinese servers, if only we could have promoted the game more in those climates. They seem to be gone forever now, or the few players left from those cultures suffer high ping kicks in NA/European servers.