Scavenging post-Power Nap

DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
Can I just say how much I love what the Power Nap update did to wreckage exploration? Like, the new collectibles and scannables are great, but I especially like how floodlights have now become a source of batteries. Scannables have a tendency to stop being a point of interest once a scan is made, but floodlights remain interesting. Even if the battery is 0%, I can still use it and it nicely captures the feeling of scavenging. I'd love if this mini-loot treatment could extend to some of the other scannables.

As well, happened that I packed up to find a far off wreck, only to discover upon arrival I'd forgotten to recharge my laser cutter. Moment of "No...." before realizing I also have my welder with me and that one's battery was still mostly full. The switch was quickly made. Definitely in favor of those future plans to make the habitat builder and scanner (and terraformer?) hold batteries too, because selective infinite energy is something I'll gladly give up for all-around usable energy.

Comments

• Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Great point! i also never knew that you could take the batteries out of foodlights. but i do miss all the wrecks that were replaces with wreckage piles :cry: Moment of silence for those brave wrecks...
  • werner339werner339 Warsaw Join Date: 2016-02-24 Member: 213389Members
    Oh yes, the battery/powercell replacement introduced some new and fun area to the game. I even resigned from auto-charging my seamoth in the moonpool (I roleplay as if it was just a garage and switch the powercells if needed) to be forced to the entire powercell/loader logistics. I like it.

Regards
    Werner
  • Funsauce32Funsauce32 Canada Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218339Members
    Id like to see us be able to take the power cell out of the bottom seamoth fragment. that would be going to whole new hights.