Remove HP bars

Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Please stop messing up the game i bought years ago. Positive changes are welcome but, as seems to be a tidal force over the lifetime of ns2's development, there seems to be some rot that's been happening with design and general quality decisions. HP bars, seriously? Gee, i guess we just want to get rid of hit counting and team coordination/target callouts. Or how about no, and remove them.

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited June 2016
    What he said ^

EDIT:
    To elaborate:
    .trixX. wrote: »
    The very reason you have your current playerbase is because of the challenging nature of the game. A perfect example is the recent healthbar. It made the game easier for everyone, but not more rookie friendly. Besides that, it removed the tactic of feigning a retreat with almost full HP to pull out marines, and also the requirement for a good comm to report lifeform health.

• Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I paid for a kind of game with certain level of features. If you want to run roughshod and remove those features by adding healthbars invalidating depth on silly whims, feel free to give me a refund for all my shit, otherwise, it should be changed back, and the "designer" who thinks this is a good idea should be fired.

This is a feature that should only be in ns2 combat or something.
  • .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited June 2016
    I know right... I'm even in a worse situation, not only did they mess up my beloved game, but since recent updates my game constantly crashes. I'm playing from linux, and before february I had no problem except for that black screen when they released the intro video. The game is listed as supporting SteamOS+Linux, so yeah, if I were an american I'd sue the crap out of them :D (just kidding)

I think the worst decision UWE ever made was to hire Hugh. Things went into a dive after he got on the team. When he announced "rapid deployment of updates" I was tearing my hair out, but would've never thought it would be this bad... There was even a vote to fire him, but some admin disabled it :D
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    edited June 2016
    A major source of conflicting opinions within the community is because UWE keeps changing NS2's gameplay direction AFTER the game was released.