Giving the game a goal

darioushsdarioushs Join Date: 2015-12-11 Member: 209871Members
I understand that a lot of you guys don't want a rescue mission (I have no idea why) but I think I have an idea that would please everyone.

Lets say that after a set amount of time, the player can send a signal calling for help, but instead of getting rescued directly by a team, they send him a small ship with parts to repair the aurora.
I personally think being able to repair the aurora by it self is a reason to buy this game, and the game will also have a goal (which will take hours to complete). As a matter of fact it would make the game longer since you can finish the game in 20 hours tops right now and far less than that if its your second play through, but having to wait sometime for a rescue ship would make it longer, and of course the repairing of the aurora too.

That is my two cents tho what do you guys think.

Comments

• scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    edited June 2016
    I know they have some Lore and backstory still in development, which will give us some secondary objectives ('solve the mystery of', 'rescue someone', or maybe something else). I don't know if they actually plan to have us rescued, but I think it should happen, since there is a message in game that our downed ship will be reported to authorities in 400+ days by a ship that heard the distress call. So at the very outside, a couple of game years down the line, a rescue team should arrive (depending on the difference betwee communications vs travel times).

As it stands, the game consists of 'secure a supply of food/water, build shelter, deal with Aurora hazard zone, and wait to be rescued' which is pretty realistic, all things considered. Exploring and so forth is just something we might do to fill time while we wait to be rescued. In reality, I probably wouldn't do much exploring beyond trying to track down wreckage from the Aurora (and Degasi, once I learned about it), or hunt for other survivors if I believed there were any. Otherwise, I'd need some pretty strong motivation to leave the safe zone I've created to wait for rescue. I can see some possible goals in building a deep space transmittter from Aurora wreckage, or maybe discovering there is a functional ship somewhere on planet (which would be owned by someone who clearly wouldn't want me to take it from them), or maybe a fellow survivor trapped somewhere that needs me to rescue them.
  • NikonthenetNikonthenet UK Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216680Members
    Not really havng a goal concerns me too.

Being able to repair the Aurora and go to new planets would be incredible, but I think outside of the scope of the game. Sadly.

I suggested a solution could be to include a creature creator, much like the game Spore. We could collect genetic data which we could then use to create new creatures. Player created creatures could then be used to populate the game world, creating and endless cycle of exploration and discovery.
  • darioushsdarioushs Join Date: 2015-12-11 Member: 209871Members
    Not really havng a goal concerns me too.

Being able to repair the Aurora and go to new planets would be incredible, but I think outside of the scope of the game. Sadly.

I suggested a solution could be to include a creature creator, much like the game Spore. We could collect genetic data which we could then use to create new creatures. Player created creatures could then be used to populate the game world, creating and endless cycle of exploration and discovery.

I think that's a great idea, but I have to say that is going to be really difficult to implement. I seriously wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen but hey, if they manage to do it, I would very much like it.

Also aren't they working on something similar to that? Its called transmuter I think .