I finally got them to grow how I want!

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
3mm5f6rwfhlh.jpg
Creepvine is Love! Creepvine is Life!

1. Place your Moon Pool as 'low' as you can.
2. Carefully place two foundation pieces below the Pool, again as 'low' as you can get them.
3. Carefully place four Exterior Grow Beds at each 'corner' of the Moon Pool on the foundation pieces.
4. Plant ONLY four Creepvine in each Bed; any more and it won't look right as they might 'grow' through your Seamoth.
5. Wait, and then...
6. "O Creepvine Unlimited... I AM YOUR GOD!"

Comments

• LeoxideLeoxide United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-09 Member: 216560Members
    WOAH! That looks really sweet, I like how the creepvines are set out in a nice line, and how bright the clusters make the room!
    Gonna go try this now..
  • Cynical_ScrubCynical_Scrub England Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214540Members
    That is pretty nice.

Good Job.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited June 2016
    Leoxide wrote: »
    WOAH! That looks really sweet, I like how the creepvines are set out in a nice line, and how bright the clusters make the room! Gonna go try this now..

1. Build your Moon Pool as 'low' to the ground as possible; that is, don't make its legs 'stretch'.
    2. Build your Foundation Pieces under the Moon Pool, once again as 'low' as you can get it; don't 'stretch' it tall.***
    3. Be careful how you place your Grow Beds - you want the vines to grow up through the water of the Moon Pool on either side of your Seamoth but not to clip through the metal edge/floor outside the pool-water because it won't look right if that happens.

You might need to tinker with the grow-bed positioning and test with 'fastgrow' until your Creepvine looks right.

Here's the positioning you want:

zo9bu26jdj01.jpg

Grow Creepvine by iteming in seed clusters and make sure to surface in the Moon Pool to check the positioning. As you can see from the above screenshot, if your Grow beds are nicely between the 'path/steps' to the Seamoth, you're well there! Also, only four vines in each bed; more might not look right. After that... put Aquariums in your Moon Pool, carefully put plants in the room... your base, your world! Just make sure you leave enough room so you can move.

*** It'll be a bit cramped getting your Seamoth out, of course - you'll just have enough room to do it and it'll 'bang' against the Foundation(s) - but this whole effect is too good not to put up with such a minor thing.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Physics-defying creepvine! It totally shouldn't be standing up like that without water to support it.