My Two Cents

WastedDeadSoulWastedDeadSoul Chicago Join Date: 2016-06-06 Member: 218174Members

I've been playing Subnautica for a little while now, only on Xbox. I downloaded the trial from Xbox Live the day it was available, spent the $20 to buy it two days later. Since then I've played bout 67 total hours, read just about every post here, and done a fair amount research into every aspect of Subnautica. So I think it's time to share my thoughts.

I like this game a lot, it's quickly becoming one of favorites. Bugs aside, this is a great game: fantastic environment, fun exploring, intuitive crafting and building. It did take me a while to get the hang of the base building, getting things to snap together properly.
Now about the bugs, but before i go on I will say. ALL VIDEOGAMES HAVE BUGS! SO STOP WHINING ABOUT THE ONES HERE! In the 30 years that I've been gaming I can't remember a game that didn't any bugs at all. Remember when Skyrim came out, the backwards flying dragons, and NPCs getting stuck making completing some quests impossible. When Dreamcast came out, there was a major bug that made Sonic Adventure unable to even start up on most systems.
Anyway, yes there are numerous bugs, and I'm pretty sure I've run into all of them. However the only ones I found annoying were the random crashes, and the blueprint fragments not registering. (The blueprint counsole command was a good way to get around the fragment glitch.) But that's not a big deal because the update should be out extremely soon.

Overall I have to say Subnautica is definitely worth the $20, bugs and all. And I'm looking forward to the future updates whenever they come out.

Comments

• LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    I completely and utterly agree with every statement in that post. The bugs are obviously to be expected and the only ones that are actually worth getting frustrated over are the crashes and fragments because they tend to hinder progress quite a bit, and in this game progress is all we have going for us...