I may have found the deadliest creature in the game

LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
<iframe frameborder=0 webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen scale="tofit" width="640" height="365" style="max-width:100%" src="http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LhastGunslynger/video/18215538/embed"></iframe&gt;

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Rockgrubs are still in the game? I thought they got rid of those ages ago.
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    The deadliest creature is the main character. #GettingDeepInHere
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    Ah, I didn't realize they were a known thing, I have a play time of like 4 total days now and this is the first time I ran across one haha so I thought it was rare :P Are they affected by the propulsion cannon? I wanna keep one...
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Nah, they never were interactable in any way.

They are however heavily associated with the rock puncher.

latest?cb=20150525212414

Zooming in...

latest?cb=20150525213849

Some say they are rock puncher larvae. Others say they are food for the punchers. We probably will never know.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    I found one in my previous save (PC, pre-Power Nap) in, I think, the Mushroom Forest near the Aurora. That, or the spires in the area where you find the seamoth console fragments. I had never heard of them before I saw one and was dismayed to find it isn't scannable. Never found more than that one either.
  • LhastLhast NY Join Date: 2016-06-03 Member: 218004Members
    Oooh rock puncher larva would make sense they look quite similar, if much smaller obviously. I hope the rock puncher actually adds some threat to the seemingly indestructible bases we build.
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    I found one in my previous save (PC, pre-Power Nap) in, I think, the Mushroom Forest near the Aurora. That, or the spires in the area where you find the seamoth console fragments. I had never heard of them before I saw one and was dismayed to find it isn't scannable. Never found more than that one either.

I believe I found this one down in the Membrane Forest or whatever it's called directly below the Floater Island (btw where the hell are these supposed giant floaters holding it up I haven't seen anything besides huge stalact(m?)ites)
    edited June 2016
    Lhast wrote: »
    I hope the rock puncher actually adds some threat to the seemingly indestructible bases we build.

I'll just leave this here...
    Lhast wrote: »
    btw where the hell are these supposed giant floaters holding it up I haven't seen anything besides huge stalact(m?)ites

I'll also leave this here...