Does anybody know a good building spot?

ThePineappleManThePineappleMan UK Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217593Members
Once the update comes out I'm thinking of starting a new survival save and building a good, new base. So does anybody know a good building spot that it is scenic and resourceful (but mostly resourceful). I also would like the spot to be spacious because I am thinking about building a fairly large base.

Comments

• EverReddyEverReddy UK Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217355Members
    I stuck mine right next to Lifepod 5 and found it a great spot. There's loads of Peepers, Airsacks salt and coral around for food and water, plenty of titanium and quartz for base building, loads of limestone for copper and with all the acid mushrooms makes battery farming (see what I did there?) a doddle. Plus the Kelp Forest next door provides a good source of rubber and silver and with all the table coral around it's not too hard to make computer chips either.
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Gotta agree with Reddy, mines set up about 5 seconds of swimming away from Lifepod 5. ( well it was before I restarted ). Although it seems to get a bit boring after a while as it is a safe location, when the Reapers are included I will be making my base over on the mountain island.

( Unless I can release hostile creatures into the ocean from my aquariums, and have them stay nearby. Anyone know if they stay near or go to their natural biome? )
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Germany Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217829Members
    There is a spot where I always build my base. It lies in a corner where four biomes (Kelp Forest x2, Grassy Plateaus and Safe Shallows) meet, so every resource you need at the start is easy to get without a vehicle. There is a narrow flat space for three foundations and you can build your moonpool towards the overhang towards the GS. Behind in the shallows is this huge tube coral that opens up into a nice looking canyon. I just love the sight. The entrance to the jellyshroom caves is just below my base, too. ux8yazat9u8y.jpg
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    I've also put mine where the safe shallows, kelp forest and grassy plateaus meet. It's a great spot except for that fact that stalkers constantly get stuck in my base while looking for metal salvage in the safe shallows.
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    I've spent around 7 hours in survival and 20 in creative. In creative i've build around 11 bases and when i started to expand 1 into multiple buildings yesterday, the game got so much lag it wasn't funny anymore.

So my advise, if you wanna go bonkers in building, wait untill updates. the game cant handle them(yet) ;)
  • Gods_My_FanboyGods_My_Fanboy Nevada, Usa Join Date: 2016-06-08 Member: 218255Members
    I built right in between the kelp forest and mushroom biome. Pretty nice spot with a cliff drop-off for my moonpool.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    My favorite spot so far is near the thermal vent, SW of the Aurora, right at the edge of the Safe Shallows. You have kelp, grassy plateau, thermal vent, and a pretty easy trip over to the crash zone if you want. I build next to the vent, or down inside of it, in a side tunnel.