Subnautica Weather

destinykiddestinykid UK Join Date: 2016-05-31 Member: 217875Members Posts: 27 Fully active user
I've recently had a huge thunderstorm in my area (Real Life :P) while playing Subnautica. Then I thought to myself that there should be a weather update which could Include: Thunderstorms, Possible waterspout(s) (Tornado(s) In water) seen In the distance, Hurricanes?, (Not really weather related) - When the Aurora explodes maybe a huge wave could come sweeping at your lifepod but dies down before It can destroy your lifepod / Damage It, Foggy nights/days.

I have thought this through and for this type of game and where Its placed does seem weird to have this kind of weather but maybe you guys have a opinion about Weather In Subnautica?

Make sure to leave your opinions down below. Speak freely.
ech0gh0stDirk_PerfectEverReddyPrecision1302

Comments

• Dirk_PerfectDirk_Perfect Kentucky Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217411Members Posts: 38 Fully active user
    Would love to see weather effects come into play. Weather, currents, waves. With two moons in such close proximity of the waterworld, the tides and waves would likely be wild to say the least. I'm curious how close and far away the planet gets to the sun, seasons would be interesting. If you survive long enough, seasons could change potentially. Any or all of that would be amazing. Such things could make piloting, swimming, food gathering easier or more difficult, could damage systems on ships or hull including bases, potentially destroy crops placed on land or outside underwater bases, make shallow water bases due to unusual tides go from low pressure then suddenly the sea rises and it's under 60 meters of water instead of 10 meters of water or maybe even exposing shallow bases to air above water due to an extremely rare low tide. Numerous possibilities to have to contend with on a possible violent weather waterworld. This planet screams crazy tides and weather because of other planetary bodies being so close.
    destinykidMk2SnailsAttackPrecision1302
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members Posts: 114 Fully active user
    edited June 2016
    Whirl pools ;D
    destinykidDirk_Perfect
  • sPeaRr0sPeaRr0 Canada Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215153Members Posts: 45 Fully active user
    Of all the things they could add, weather would be bottom of my list. How much time do you spend on the surface? Now tides, ya that could be cool.
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members Posts: 114 Fully active user
    sPeaRr0 wrote: »
    Of all the things they could add, weather would be bottom of my list. How much time do you spend on the surface? Now tides, ya that could be cool.

Weather would highly effect life underwater. It could even change where animals go.
    Dirk_PerfectTrollolol07Precision1302
  • Mr_Ginger247Mr_Ginger247 UK Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217644Members Posts: 4
    On the Xbox version anything close to a drop of rain would crash the game
    destinykidSpiller
  • BombasticBagMannBombasticBagMann Join Date: 2017-04-30 Member: 230150Members Posts: 1 Freshly registered user
    Considering that the Degasi crew struggled with weather on the floating island, I think it should exist.
    Precision1302