Can't access my storage locker

evilwillhuntingevilwillhunting Indianapolis Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217594Members
edited May 2016 in Subnautica on Consoles
This is a first, folks. I've burned downloading games that have game-breaking bugs before, but I've never had a game that worked fine in the demo, and is broken once I shelled out the money.

My storage locker on the pod will not let me take items out. The screen just sits there frozen and lifeless. I've tried every button, but will not let me take anything.

How am I sure this is a bug and not me just not knowing the interface? IT WORKED FINE IN THE DEMO.

This is very, very disappointing. If it's a bug, then this is flippin inexcusable (you can't take your initial items out of the starting container... wow. Just WOW) then this game had NO QA testing. How the hell does something like this get by MS's review testing? Seriously.

I was amused at the "Work in progress" disclaimer in the games store description, but I had no idea I was paying 20 bucks to do their playtesting for them.

Comments

• Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    First question, was your inventory empty at the time? ( I have found that when using any containers when you have no items on you, you are unable to use any containers until you go out and pick something up. )

Secondly, any preview game is basically you " doing their playtesting for them ".

Thirdly, have you tried to delete the save and start a new one?
  • evilwillhuntingevilwillhunting Indianapolis Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217594Members
    Mini_Gaara wrote: »
    First question, was your inventory empty at the time? ( I have found that when using any containers when you have no items on you, you are unable to use any containers until you go out and pick something up. )

Secondly, any preview game is basically you " doing their playtesting for them ".

Turns out that was the issue, as long as I have something in inventory, I can access it.

But still, that's a pretty egregious bug. But thankfully, it's not a game breaker.
  • Mini_GaaraMini_Gaara England Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217049Members
    Mini_Gaara wrote: »

Turns out that was the issue, as long as I have something in inventory, I can access it.

But still, that's a pretty egregious bug. But thankfully, it's not a game breaker.

It certainly puzzled me even after restarting my world, but luckily a quick trip to get some quartz showed me the answer :P. If the devs are aware of this bug it will most likely get ironed out in the next update release.