[Bug] Creatures popping in can rarely warp off the map and disappear [Stable and 33078]

SenneraSennera Texas Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206043Members
edited May 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Subnautica Version - 33078 and the current Stable build, which I originally observed the bug in.

Description -

When loading/popping in, creatures can rarely accelerate to what I can only describe as warp speed, shoot across the screen, and forever disappear into the distance. I've only been able to observe this a few times on the large gasopods (who never show up again) but from the lack of birds around my lifepod a few days into the game and the way my safe shallows, kelp forests, and grassy plateaus are steadily depopulating despite sustaining myself on aquarium raised fish (and a lack of predators in the safe shallows) I can gather it's also affecting the smaller creatures. I think because they're still alive somewhere in the game and not actually eaten or dead they also do not respawn, permanently depopulating the biome.

Due to the nature of the bug I can't precisely observe and determine steps for reproduction, or provide a screenshot as I can only see the creatures shoot off into the distance for a split second. I'm posting what I've gathered so far just so other people with greater insight know to keep an eye out.

This bug sounds similar to this though the creatures are still alive when they shoot off. I also want to note that I've not only observed this in experimental, but the current stable build too.

Reproduction steps -

1. Find gasopods (or any creature)
2. Leave and enter the vicinity repeatedly until you can observe one shooting off and forever disappearing. This happens rarely and I can't figure out the conditions required.

Edit: It's been another 5 hours of gameplay for me. I built my base on a spot bordering safe shallows, grassy plateaus, and kelp forest biomes and have kept an eye on the populations and an eye out for the bug occurring. I still haven't seen anything, but gathering gold in the grassy plateaus area just now I encountered 0 remaining sand sharks and only 1 biter in the entire biome. Even the reefbacks have gone missing, not a single one left in the biome!

I can't pin down the cause still, but in a total of 7 hours put into this save I have an entire grassy plateaus biome almost completely depopulated. As stated above since these creatures aren't dieing but rather are warping away and remain alive someplace (presumably well outside of the playable area) they won't respawn.