Building system bug

Arclight545Arclight545 Arizona Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217426Members
In every Youtube video I have watched about how to build in the game, it shows players putting a foundation in place and building on it. So far in every attempt Ive made, the Xbox1 version will not allow that to happen. It only allows me to place structures next to the foundation, which prevents me from adding any further structures to the build. In all the videos Ive watched players have placed foundations then started their builds by placing corridors or rooms directly on the Foundation.

Comments

• RonsloRonslo Ireland Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 217036Members
    Building on foundations works for me
  • Dirk_PerfectDirk_Perfect Kentucky Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217411Members
    The snapping is a bit wonky right now, try circling the foundation and getting closer/further until you find the sweet spot. It can be a bit temperamental at times.
  • SGTRoninMedicSGTRoninMedic USA Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217440Members
    I have played roughly 16 hours on this game. I recently opened the Seamoth Moon Pool. last night as I completed playing my game, I saved while I was in the Moon Pool. Today when I start the game up, I am stuck because the inside of the Mool Pool is filled with terrain that been removed when it was made. I have tried several different things, from reloading the game to attempting to build stuff, but I still can not get out. Is there anything I can do to save the time I have spent on this game and get out of this darn moon pool?
  • Dirk_PerfectDirk_Perfect Kentucky Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217411Members
    Use console commands to Telenor yourself out. LB + RB + A at same time and look up a Teleport command should get you out. As for terrain reappearing it's a bug where removal of terrain is not being persistent so as a Xbox user, for now until it's fixed I suggest avoiding building into terrain and redesign the base so that don't keep happening.
  • SGTRoninMedicSGTRoninMedic USA Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217440Members
    Thank You, Thank You Dirk Perfect, I will try this when I get home.