Thoughts and ideas (Xbox One)

Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
Hello all! :)

I have put around 20 hours into the Xbox One version of Subnautica and i absolutely love it! I haven't been this into a game since Ark came out!

I wanted to put this post together to gather my thoughts and ideas I have for the game.

1. To get the obvious out of the way, a clear issue is the frame rate and render distance. I realize that the Xbox is very very under powered compared to an average gaming PC so I don't see the render distance being increased. However, the frame rate definitely needs to be stabilized in the next patch.
2. Communication needs to be increase across the board between the devs and the community. Even if it's a monthly update explaining the plans for the month. Not only could the community focus on squashing bugs on what the devs are working on but we can get hyped and talk about the game more which could increase sales.
3. In my opinion the game needs to be a bit more dangerous. I feel like I'm not in danger 80% of the time even if a sandshark is a few meters away. I think adding more dangerous creatures in the depths and on the surface should do the trick.
4. More endgame content. I'm not sure what the direction is for this game or what stage of development it's in but I really hope to see a lot more added into the game and you guys could start a kickstarter to really get things rolling if you explain what you want to get done with the game. It should take off quite quickly considering the massive community you guys have already created.

To wrap things up it is an absolute pleasure to be playing this game and be apart of the community. I hope it continues to grow! <3

- Angelic

Comments

• FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Thanks for your honest feedback, Angelic.

We need to get our e-mail capture in-game in the next version, so we can e-mail you guys to keep you updated. I think a newsletter every few weeks is a good idea.

We are far beyond the point of needing a Kickstarter, but rest assured we have a lot of end-game content coming. You can check our Trello board if you want to take a peek (there could be some spoiler type stuff there though):

https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development
  • benitocbenitoc Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215115Members
    I have put about 20 hours into the game but it only shows as 10 because of the crashes. In my opinion, the most important feature to add is an auto save. It would help with people losing their progress when they crash. In addition, I personally have become accustomed to an auto save every 15-25 minutes in the games I play and it is not second nature to me to go and physically save the game. I have in the past forgotten to save then realized the next time I got on.
  • SilverWolf150SilverWolf150 UK Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217572Members
    Are you guys at Unknown Worlds planning to do something like ark with a non dedicated server option so you can play and explore with friends who also have this game
  • Yargish89Yargish89 new mexico usa Join Date: 2016-05-27 Member: 217575Members
    2 thoughts uhh 1 a turret that uses the force lol ya know that gun you have in game already that pushes enemy's away would be good so long as it only hit violent or those gas fishy's and robot's that walk around use a weld torch to fix things and i don't know play cards the guy gonna be there a long time alone he got to think of his own mental health until he is rescued or ever since there are rusted bases with not even a skeleton around showing someone was there a long time ago (long time because titanium does not rust as easily as steel which is why dental uses titanium for their equipment ) and love how you guys figured the fabricator a device that rearranges molecules into what you desire so long as you tell the computer how to strucher it after adding in the info of what its working with
  • Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
    Flayra wrote: »
    Thanks for your honest feedback, Angelic.

We need to get our e-mail capture in-game in the next version, so we can e-mail you guys to keep you updated. I think a newsletter every few weeks is a good idea.

We are far beyond the point of needing a Kickstarter, but rest assured we have a lot of end-game content coming. You can check our Trello board if you want to take a peek (there could be some spoiler type stuff there though):

https://trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica-development

Wow! After about an hour of reading through the development cards i am very impressed with your teams ambition! I am very excited for the future of this game! If you guys are looking for some minimalistic art to go with your game feel free to PM me! (I am recent graduate with a BFA in Graphic Design)

Thanks!
  • oelikoelieoelikoelie netherlands Join Date: 2016-05-24 Member: 217444Members
    benitoc wrote: »
    I have put about 20 hours into the game but it only shows as 10 because of the crashes. In my opinion, the most important feature to add is an auto save. It would help with people losing their progress when they crash. In addition, I personally have become accustomed to an auto save every 15-25 minutes in the games I play and it is not second nature to me to go and physically save the game. I have in the past forgotten to save then realized the next time I got on.

We need multiple save slots for 1 difficulty. i have bugs that others don't have. But now, due to only 1 save slot, i can;t go back to try out if i can go around this bug. So, we need multiple save slots please...