Base Building

IndybearIndybear Jacksonville, Florida Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216976Members
Pretty sure this a bug:
When i was building my base, part of it clipped into the mountain so the mountain got terraformed a bit so it wouldn't interfere with my base, like it should do normally. After leaving my base for awhile and coming back, the mountain unterraformed, and went back to its original state, causing one side of my base to be blocked by the mountain. Not hugely game breaking, but quite annoying now that i have to climb over a rock to enter and exit my base.
Otherwise, love the game i think the devs are doing a great job handling both xbox and pc versions of this game. And i'm sure they already have a fix for this that just needs to be implemented in the next update. Keep up the great work UknownWorlds!

Comments

• killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    they've removed the games ability to save terrain changes due to console limitations. I don't know if they considered it's effect on base building though. the game needs to runn a check at log in and generate the terrain properly.

I understand why they removed the feature, not only was it taxing on the consoles system,but it kind of ruined some of the fun of the game by allowing people to just dig into caves and secret areas. but we need some form of reliable terraforming when it comes to base building. though the game would have to be able to render the terrain if the building is removed, or it could easily be used to terraform tunnels into caves as well.