[Opinion] Fish need a larger "hit box" on the console

derMechanikerderMechaniker USA Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216981Members
Trykng to pick up fish, even with the aid of the gravsphere is pretty difficult and clumsy on the console. On the PC, a mouse is a pretty precise pointing instrument and the controller's thumbstick is absolutely not. This combined with the strugglig frame rate makes grabbing fish a total drag. I understand there should be some skill involved, but this just feels mostly like luck and the fun starts to wear thin when it comes to stocking up on rations. If the hit boxes on the fish were made bigger or maybe only bigger when tethered to a gravsphere, this would be a massive help on the console.

Comments

• MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
  • TheCanisDirusTheCanisDirus usa Join Date: 2016-05-18 Member: 216939Members
    Agree as well... or give me a net gun type thing that captures at a distance and brings them back to me alive.
  • stonewall386stonewall386 Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216860Members
    I posted about this too and Charlie responded:
    Flayra wrote: »
    Oh yes - we need to add that. Somehow it fell through the cracks.
  • stk420stk420 Tennessee Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217078Members
    Not entirely in agreement I think that grabbing the fish would just be easier if you could use a trigger instead of the "a" button.
  • killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    it's not even the controller being imprecise. I've done tons of FPS training with no aim assists. this games hit boxes are just terrible. you can have a fish right in your face. the entire cursor is on them and you still don't get them. it's like there is a 3 Cm area that you can actually grab them by and if you miss it, you are screwed. I just went into an aquarium full of Airsacks and it took 50 LT presses to grab one.
  • NextHaloFlameNextHaloFlame CA Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217099Members
    Spamming "A" about 20 times a second just trying to catch an airsack...
  • CarbunkelCarbunkel Join Date: 2016-05-20 Member: 217106Members
    Not to mention there seems to be a delay between being able to grab them and registering the button press. I'll spam A and a hand icon will be there and they zip off. Damn Peepers lol.
  • MalacathMalacath Wales Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216874Members
    edited May 2016
    stk420 wrote: »
    Not entirely in agreement I think that grabbing the fish would just be easier if you could use a trigger instead of the "a" button.

You can use a trigger.

The left trigger can be used instead of 'A' and it is a lot easier.

But I still agree with the OP that the hit box should be bigger. Although fixing the frame rate would help a lot as well
  • killenjokekillenjoke Join Date: 2016-05-19 Member: 216997Members
    in almost every instance you can use the A button, you can also use the LT. also Y/B act like LB/RB while swimming.

there are a lot of duel controls. hopefully they add a tutorial and a better prompt system. it took me a while to figure out that X rotated structures when placing them.
  • SubNormalSubNormal Cheltnam Join Date: 2016-05-21 Member: 217208Members
    The A button is tricky, while trying to aim....the trigger would be way better.