Dear developers, small ask...

Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
Have you visited the Ideas and suggestions forums lately?

Now, I understand that most of the threads there include "Make my impossibly game-breaking idea come true!!", but there are some excellent ideas that I believe are well thought out and explained, and would also fit in well with the game (Not to mention that the community helps with filtering out the smart and dumb ideas). You don't have to look, but I'll give you three to get started with if you want.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141693/xxl-multipurpose-room-giant-aquarium-and-45-corridor-and-construction
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/142078/animal-domestication-and-husbandry
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141952/switchable-utility-bay-s-u-b-system-for-the-cyclops

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Chances are that they have, but they don't have time to implement everything they want before launch. Some of the stuff they plan on implementing before launch will likely be delayed until after.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Well, I think the devs look at those ideas, but cannot do those little tiny things we would like to see. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that devs sacrificed some time to implement more features by going full xbox one... Now hold on, I understand such a decision, it is really question of resources, time being one of those resources. My point is; we should be ready to face the fact that there will not be so much new stuff in the future updates.

Now PLEASE, anyone, tell me I am wrong and say something like; "But hey, another platform doesn't mean less time to implement most player-requested features"! Anything! :D
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Now PLEASE, anyone, tell me I am wrong and say something like; "But hey, another platform doesn't mean less time to implement most player-requested features"! Anything! :D[/quote]

You're not wrong, but still. The least they could do is acknowledge their presence. Why not divide ideas and suggestions between small scale and large scale? I'm sure the former would be explored more thoroughly.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Now PLEASE, anyone, tell me I am wrong and say something like; "But hey, another platform doesn't mean less time to implement most player-requested features"! Anything! :D

You're not wrong, but still. The least they could do is acknowledge their presence. Why not divide ideas and suggestions between small scale and large scale ideas? I'm sure the former would be explored more thoroughly.[/quote]

• KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I'm sure the devs at least glance at that part of the forum, but you know why the devs got into this biz? Because they have a TON of ideas themselves for games. More than they can ever hope to use. Most developers would love a chance to create one of the many, many games they've dreamed up and documented.

That being said, don't stop making suggestions -- you never know when one of them might tickle their fancy. :)