Social Expectations and Moderation Transparency

WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
Everyone,

I've spearheaded a change the moderation team supports: we're being more strict with UWE's social expectations -- http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/community/ basically says to keep it constructive, and we're enforcing that. When posting, agree or disagree via a point that hasn't been raised to death, and try not to be rude about it.

I haven't cited moderation reasons publicly (I have privately, every time, to both the author and the entire moderation team). Our moderation is going to cite brief reasons now publicly, in the moderated posts. So, while the moderation itself isn't changing, the education is. We post reasons in an attempt to be more transparent, but our rules still prohibit derailing threads to discuss moderator action, so continue on-topic and privately address forum staff with any moderation concerns you have. We're not perfect, and we'll sometimes err on the side of caution. Your content might get removed due to a misunderstanding. When we do that to you, find us privately and let's talk about it. If we've goofed, we'll correct it.

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.