Open letter to the moderators of this forums.

RysskRyssk Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175441Members
Letter to moderators:

This letter is more of a concern than something negative towards the way of moderators ruling the forum at this current stage.

We’ve seen an tremendous of increase of people getting warned and banned on the forums for no obvious reasons.

Sure you’ll say it’s a total legit bann, but see it from our perspective instead, the reason of we’ve gotten banned is cause we have a huge frustration against the way the communication is being handled from the beginning. If it’s a slightest negative towards the Developer where we question or point out things. It’s either that we wont get an response, or we’ll get edited and a fair way of warning sent to our Inbox.

This is a good example for atleast one person.

Conversation below:

Moderator - Today at 3:47 PM

Moderator told you to drop the entities mod concern. Don't discuss it again.

User- Today at 3:48 PM

Why?! It is a normal question i would like to have a clear answer
its modded gameplay

Moderator - Today at 3:50 PM

If you draw attention to the server browser's display of modded servers again, I will remove you from this server per Moderator’'s zero-tolerance ultimatum that you're not to stir drama around the server browser.

END OF DISCUSSION

Is this a way of giving someone warning? By forcing them to be quiet? I dont know, but in Sweden, and rest of Europe it's quite offensive to force someone to keep their mouth shut.

So what this person was trying to do, is to have an discussion regarding entities, and for that he’s/she’s being punished for. For having an open minded communication. And that person wanted to have some answers towards his/hers concerns.

Is this the new way of UWE handling their members? It’s way too strict, instead of lenient and open-minded.

In other words, all these bans can be avoided, this is such a small community and if you bann one person for no obvious reasons or give them warnings for having opinions, then you’ll get more work to do than neccesary.

Comments

• WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    You may PM any forum staff member with your concerns.
  • WyzcrakWyzcrak Pot Pie Aficionado Join Date: 2002-12-04 Member: 10447Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    ( to be clear, anyone may do that )
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Just to add something
    I dont know, but in Sweden, and rest of Europe it's quite offensive to force someone to keep their mouth shut.
    Welcome to any private forum that you willingly sign an agreement to before participating.
    Sorry you disagree with our policies, but they will be enforced, regardless of the extra labor that requires from us.

As mentioned, you may contact any of us privately here or in our discord to discuss any concerns or clarify any policies.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Just for some perspective. Yes, recently moderation has stepped up a gear. However it has done so in direct response to several members behaving awfully. Derailing every thread at every opportunity, attacking other members etc. etc.

Just because the moderation here has been pretty relaxed by comparison up until now, it doesn't mean that it's over-zealous now. Hell, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who used to use the facepunch forums when Garry's Mod first came out where you could get a ban for misspelling words, posting one-word posts, posting content in a thread not related to the actual thread etc. etc. There was no warning system at all there, just bans of varying length. It worked very well too, although I wouldn't advocate it as a method of managing forums, but perhaps it should offer a little perspective on how bad a forum can be.

Final note, @Ryssk - that message you've posted here is from Discord, and we keep Discord separate from the forums in terms of moderation. Also, that message one of many messages to the same user, so please don't represent it as any sort of initial conversation between a mod and a user.
This discussion has been closed.