Stalker teeth — is it just me?

Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
So, the latest update includes the map scanner room. Which requires enameled glass. (As of course the observatoty and the Cyclops.) Which requires stalker teeth.

I have everything I need to construct my cyclops and scanner room, EXCEPT for enameled glass, because I have yet to find a single stalker tooth in this new game. They're just not dropping, at all. Period. Pure unobtainium. I even killed a stalker with a knife and it still didn't drop anything. (Not even the piece of salvage it picked up at the last moment.)

Am I just dead unlucky? I'll cheat a dozen teeth in if I have to, but I'd much sooner not.

Comments

• KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I also think they are rarer in the latest build.

At one point I hung around the spot a stalker was depositing scrap metal and another stalker was picking them up. It took a little while but eventually I was able to collect the teeth I needed.
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    Throw a bunch of scrap metal near some stalkers and wait. Bring it up to them if you have to.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Wow. Thanks for that trick! I was also looking in vain for teeth..
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, found 2 in about an hour, then thought screw that, took their eggs and the rest you know :)

What I`m not sure by doing this is where the metal scraps went, either they really ate em away or they just scattered em far around. Good that there are plenty of em to find.

The Problem with the Teeth could be that they go underground for some reason. Same i noticed with my beacons, if they are setup close to the ground they sometimes seem to dig in themselfes now.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Sounds like a really annoying clipping issue. Have you submitted it to the bug reports? A small object that you absolutely need not staying on the floor where it's findable....ugh
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    I think so, send quite some ingame issues via f8, hope this one was under them, too.
  • Mr_Rieper7Mr_Rieper7 South Africa Join Date: 2015-11-16 Member: 209299Members
    I had a similar problem.
    After some light "research" I found that stalkers only seem to drop teeth IF a stalker removes metal from another stalker in transit to its nest.
    Otherwise they move metal around without losing teeth.

So a simple tooth farm would need an area that has more than one stalker, preferably three, and one or more pieces of metal.
    I got everything I needed for the cyclops in minutes.

ps: Keep a LOT of fish handy.
  • j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
    I thought Stalker teeth were way more abundant than i remember them being a while back. Also a Stalker keeps stealing my cameras off the side of my scanning room and leaving me teeth lol. Caught one in the act whilst recording too :)
    Mr_Rieper7 wrote: »
    I had a similar problem.
    After some light "research" I found that stalkers only seem to drop teeth IF a stalker removes metal from another stalker in transit to its nest.
    Otherwise they move metal around without losing teeth.

So a simple tooth farm would need an area that has more than one stalker, preferably three, and one or more pieces of metal.
    I got everything I needed for the cyclops in minutes.

ps: Keep a LOT of fish handy.

Didn`t need any fish for my trick, they were so busy playing with the metal that I could swim between them gathering teeth.
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    edited May 2016
    Klinn wrote: »
    I also think they are rarer in the latest build.

At one point I hung around the spot a stalker was depositing scrap metal and another stalker was picking them up. It took a little while but eventually I was able to collect the teeth I needed.

I'm glad I collected a lot of them before the new build