Diving Watch? Passage of Time?

hu11114hu11114 Australia Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213451Members
It would be handy to have an idea of the passage of daylight hours to night hours, either symbolically like a moon & sun or a simple watch? This would allow planning to get into cover before night...

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Yes, yes, yes and yes. A clock on the HUD would be incredibly helpful. Even if it's an upgrade we have to craft, like the thermometer is - a computer chip is all that should be needed.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2016
    What time is it again?
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    STOP! IT'S HAMMER TIME! CAN'T TOUCH THIS!
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Something that indicates the passing of time would be nice, but a digital watch, I fear, might be immersion breaking. Because of time acceleration every second a whole minute would pass and I do think that would disturb the experience. (And at night the time acceleration is even more accelerated...)

But an indication with a sun that could tell me if it was morning, midday or afternoon would be a nice addition.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    Something that indicates the passing of time would be nice, but a digital watch, I fear, might be immersion breaking. Because of time acceleration every second a whole minute would pass and I do think that would disturb the experience. (And at night the time acceleration is even more accelerated...)

But an indication with a sun that could tell me if it was morning, midday or afternoon would be a nice addition.

Kinda like the clock in Minecraft, no official time, just a visual indicator, or like the day/night dial while sailing in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Sorry, this space venturing civilisation didn`t invent watches so far. ^^
  • BobRossTheBossBobRossTheBoss Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176824Members
    You young folk and your newfangled devices. Watch the planets and the sun when you surface.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    There is no logic or tech reason against a watch, not even immersion breaking, as this is diving AND SciFi.

But you can always see the time of day by looking at the angle of the godrays in the deep at most areas.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Nothing against it yes, and could even have a miniquestline since this is a forgein planet which definitly doesn`t work with "earth" watches. So the player has to find out/calculate/however on what time scale this planet rotates in oder to craft a watch that fits it. :)
  • TwistyBridgesTwistyBridges Earth Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216786Members
    Well, maybe they can put in a super high tech watch because this is the future :)
    I think it would be extremely useful if your in the deep sea part of subnautica, because it's so dark down there, I can barely see anything! And, maybe a clock that you can hang on your sea base wall.