Reapers seem a tad... bouncy

GhoreGhore DE, USA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216642Members
So after a completely heart-stopping moment of fear after having a reaper spawn 5 feet in front of me while trying to bring back loot from the aurora, the creature seemed to think it would be a grand idea to ignore me and instead bounce out of the water and fly majestically towards my escape pod.

The only screenshot I could capture of this magical moment:

2eq4jvzss3zs.jpg

Suffice to say I'm scared to go back to my base of operations. It would seem my safe shallows won't be safe anymore. Has anyone else experienced crazy creature behaviors on the experimental build? I've also been seeing a massive reefback spinning like a top. Forever.

Comments

• yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    I've seen reefbacks go wonky, but the flying reaper is awesome and scary...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    yomama wrote: »
    I've seen reefbacks go wonky, but the flying reaper is awesome and scary...

Mostly scary though T_T
  • Error_MackroError_Mackro N Join Date: 2015-07-30 Member: 206541Members
    edited May 2016
    The aurora's radioactivity is certainly causing some startling new mutations in the local wildlife.
  • Cynical_ScrubCynical_Scrub England Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214540Members
    You just hear the faint, and distant whisper...

"ruuuuush B-"
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Ghore wrote: »
    So after a completely heart-stopping moment of fear after having a reaper spawn 5 feet in front of me while trying to bring back loot from the aurora, the creature seemed to think it would be a grand idea to ignore me and instead bounce out of the water and fly majestically towards my escape pod.

The only screenshot I could capture of this magical moment:

2eq4jvzss3zs.jpg

Suffice to say I'm scared to go back to my base of operations. It would seem my safe shallows won't be safe anymore. Has anyone else experienced crazy creature behaviors on the experimental build? I've also been seeing a massive reefback spinning like a top. Forever.

I can just imagine him going:

• GhoreGhore DE, USA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216642Members
    Update:
    o4ww5te6kwl0.jpg

Found it. At this point it either swam back to where it was or has now taken hidden residence in the grassy plateaus near the dunes. Maybe it'll find a friend. Or a meal, in that reefback's case :#
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Ghore wrote: »
    Update:
    o4ww5te6kwl0.jpg

Found it. At this point it either swam back to where it was or has now taken hidden residence in the grassy plateaus near the dunes. Maybe it'll find a friend. Or a meal, in that reefback's case :#