Rabbit Ray Stole My Knife!

KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
Damn rabbit ray stole my knife while I was over in a kelp forest searching for silver! :D I didn't realize this feature was activated already.

I hope the action is tuned so that:
  • It doesn't happen too often -- once in a while is fine
  • It happens less often with more expensive tools -- I would hate to lose my habitat builder!

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Out of your inventory or your hand? And does he swallow it being lost forever or can you get it back?
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited May 2016
    Out of my hand.

At first my avatar still had his hand out as if he was gripping the knife, but then switched to the regular swimming animation. I usually put tools away when swimming since it's faster, but in this case I was just moving from one mineral node to another with the knife out.

No idea if I can get it back, I only just barely noticed the sucker and before I really realized what had happened he was gone.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I thought it was only the Stalkers who liked the shiny!
  • LeoBrok3nLeoBrok3n Join Date: 2013-12-21 Member: 190454Members
    I had that happen earlier where the knife was in my hand, I swiped it then it vanished from my hand and from my inventory. I reported it as a bug.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    I feel that this feature will be pretty annoying in the future.I like rabbitrays but i don't like the fact that they are now another creature that will negatively impact you by stealing your stuff.

Maybe they could change it so rabbitrays take it,them return it?Maybe when they swim away,they will swim back and drop it.It makes them seem friendly again and your tools wont be stolen.
    Maybe we could just see them as unusual predators. While the most bite us, this one steels. That's a step towards creature diversity and I'm sick of every predator doing the same: As soon as he sees me he attacks and bites. Let's see at the list of alternate behaviour now:
    • Bleeder - sucks until cut
    • Biter - only bites a bit, but in groups
    • Crabsnake - grabs you
    • Crash - explodes in your face
    • Rabbit Ray - steels your inventory
    • Gasopod - chemical defense cloud
    • Reaper - grabs your whole seamoth
    Then there are those who could have a better and less lethal behaviour:
    • Floater - could stick to your subs and must be removed
    • Mesmer - could hypnotize and blurr your vision until you get an antidote
    • Sand Shark - could really wait motionless under sand instead attacking everything
    • Shocker - it's shocks could stun you for a few seconds instead just harming you and they could drain sub power
    • Crabsquid - could also hypnotize you through any glass window (Line of Sight) and kill your sight for a minute instead hurting you
    • Lava Larva - could stick to sub and base hulls and drain their power or create breaches
    • Warper - could use teleports as non-lethal weapons, teleporting other predators to the player or vice versa

So many non-lethal possibilities for a non-lethal weapon game. All interesting, diverse in nature and still dangerous. Please devs, go on with unusual danger behaviour and stop with pure attacks. There are enough lethal beasts in the game. We need more diversity.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    Yeah, it would be pretty neat if the sandshark was able to ambush you. I also like the idea of the shocker being less lethal.

Note: The floater can stick to your subs, but it is really buggy.
    Avimimus wrote: »
    ... The floater can stick to your subs, but it is really buggy.

I know. But once fixed it would be cool if the floaters would think your sub is a rock and try to approach and attach to your sub. So driving through or near a cloud of floaters could get a real horror trip. And nothing increases suspense more than having to exit a sub to repair it, while at anytime a leviathan or other dangers could appear or the divers fixing the problem get attacked by a predator types.
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited May 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    We need more diversity.

Open your eyes and look around yourself in Subnautica.

Seriously, these people...

• TennexTennex Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216789Members
    Seems interesting, but definately won't be fun if they put this interaction on a creature that is so commonly found in the wild...

Like if they had a more rare thief fish that only steals cheaper tools and fish in your hands would be fine. But having your knife stolen is such a big loss and hassle
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, like the knife takes so damn much resources to craft anew... . Btw: tell me a "cheaper" tool... .

hm, but might be fun having a stalker stealing your habitat builder. "Whaa, gimme that back. Nonono, don`t bite meeee." xD