[Bug report] Redplug after death since a few build

KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
Hi,

I am experiencing since a few build (can't count exactly) a redplug after dying on any server. This was not happening before.
Might be helpful but my connection can drop UDP packets randomly (stressed shared access point) on upload and download), it happens a lot more often (up to 80% chances) when the quality of the access is low. (45min commanding was okay, but 2min on the field and it goes down. Happened multiple times in a raw last week).

Any tip is welcomed.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hi,

I am experiencing since a few build (can't count exactly) a redplug after dying on any server. This was not happening before.
    Might be helpful but my connection can drop UDP packets randomly (stressed shared access point) on upload and download), it happens a lot more often (up to 80% chances) when the quality of the access is low. (45min commanding was okay, but 2min on the field and it goes down. Happened multiple times in a raw last week).

Any tip is welcomed.

Is this on every single death, or is it intermittent? Also, is it permanent (ie requires reconnecting) or does it resolve itself after a while and you can continue playing?
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    It heavily depends on the internet connexion quality, the worst it is the higher the chances are to get a redbplug. (more like playing russian roulette after each death with redplug bullets). So far they were permanent and I had to disconnect and reconnect my self (sometime twice, maybe to kick the trashing ghost).
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    It heavily depends on the internet connexion quality, the worst it is the higher the chances are to get a redbplug. (more like playing russian roulette after each death with redplug bullets). So far they were permanent and I had to disconnect and reconnect my self (sometime twice, maybe to kick the trashing ghost).

Hmm... I'll take a look at it.
    @Katzenfleisch How has it been the last build? Have you had any red plugs recently?
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    Hi, sorry for the delay.
    I won't be able to check until wednesday next week (time for me to reinstall a new and clean working environnement). I will let you know as soon as I get the chance to test the new features you have packed together in the new build :).
    So for the news, so far so good. No redplugs so far thanks.