Update 296 Released!

13»

Comments

• VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    borsdy wrote: »
    I figured out how to get Terminal Velocity Facepalm and Darwin Award (2 of the new achievements). Not sure if I should tell everyone, though :trollface:
    Haha! Keep the secret for a little while, more fun this way.. Give me one hint thou: Are they tutorial only? :>

Yup.
  • CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited April 2016
    Blrg wrote: »
    The new tutorial is awesome and the Easter eggs made me feel like I was playing The Stanley Parable (that is a really good thing btw)

Following that tendency of improving the learning experience:
    Maybe it could be helpful when spectating someone to be able to see what buttons is he pressing. For example, when I spectate a good lerk I always ask myself things like "is he dodging only with mouse movement or is he using also A, D and Control?". When spectating a fade I can't even know when he is using metabolize because for some reason it doesn't show the animation or the sound, so I have to rely on seeing changes in the energy bar.What about marine dodging? "Is he using some other hidden movement mechanic I don't know of or is he only really clever with the timing of his direction changes?"
    A rookie could see a skulk going A D when moving on a straight line and ask why

Overall I think that I could learn a lot with that information or at least it could help me ask better players the correct questions

It also might help if you spectate good players in free cam mode or the follow around cam mode. In free cam mode, you have to move yourself around to follow, but you may notice things a player is doing that you missed. Also, you can see timing of when a player moves a certain direction/way in relation to where they are on the map, etc... A decent way to learn from a good player is to spectate them in different camera modes and also ask questions like you wrote.
  • MajorTicoMajorTico New York Join Date: 2013-11-02 Member: 188942Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    lol @IronHorse you mentioned @tico that isnt me!!!!!!