Questions about the upcoming Crabsquid!

nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
The next update in Subnautica will probably going to have the Crabsquid creature in it since it was already announced by one of the developers, and really I can't wait for it to already happened :D
However there are some things I want to understand:
1.Does the size of the Crabsquid is going to be the same as it is now? Because right now it is more like in the same size of the player even thought we can see in the concept art and pictures that it suppose to be bigger?
19pgr5up2yrk.jpg
d531wtuneogb.jpg
2.The developers maid a cool animation for it that the Crabsquid would be able to shot something with/out of his head to hurt enemies or the player,is it going to have that ability once they will add it to the stable game soon?

Comments

• Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited April 2016
    The crabsquid that is currently spawnable in experimental looks like it's the same size as it is in the concept art. It just looks smaller in first person. hL7kVzP.jpg?1
  • HYBRID1313HYBRID1313 Australia Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215179Members
    Cheers Morph_Guy for sorting that out, I'll handle the second part :)
    As of now, everyone is spawning them in before they're finished and assuming stuff. They are still having their behaviour, attacks etc. modified and being developed, so we may or may not (likely to) see that wave or blast attack. The same goes for the Warper, its teleportation balls, warp gate and behaviour is still under development, they will highly likely look like the concept art when the Warper is completed. So, I hope this helps.
    In short, all the creatures that were added to experimental mode are far from finished.
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    edited April 2016
    I hope they won't forgot about those special abilities because I know they said they will add them to the world but normally when they do that it's when it all complete but I bet that you are right and they will complete them in the future.