Movement Stutters / Freezes -- Anyone Else?

KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
Before I start chasing potential problems at my end (video drivers etc) I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this problem lately.

About a week ago, as you moved forward enough to cause the game to load more of the world or more details ahead of you, the game would pause much longer than it did before. This was especially noticeable in the Mushroom Forest. In the past day this momentary stuttering or freezing seems to have gotten worse. Today, starting a new game, even moving around my one-room sea base in the Safe Shallows has started stuttering a bit.

Is anyone else noticing this issue?

Comments

• crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Yes, I have these issues as well. The cause is simply that the game is currently unoptimized so the performance leaves much to be desired. The closer we get to release the more you should see this start to improve.
  • ElCabongElCabong Houston, Tx Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211851Members
    I had that. It went away when I switched graphics from minimum to highest and back to recommended.

• KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for the suggestion, ElCabong. I tried that, back and forth a couple of times, and sadly it didn't seem to make any difference for me. This was testing by just swimming around near my initial Safe Shallows seabase.

But I noticed something else interesting -- I was out exploring one of the Grassy Plateaus wrecks and movement was fine there. It was also OK as I swam back towards my base, until I got moderately close to it. The closer I got, the more the game stuttered. At this point I'm not sure if it's the base building that caused it, or maybe that specific location in the world is a little janky? (near coords 0,0,0) As I built the single multipurpose room, there was a bit of auto-adjustment of the terrain, so maybe the terraforming is causing a slow down at the moment?

Ah, the joys of experimental. :D

Crane476, I understand that tuning and optimization will come later, but what I was trying to describe was that performance had dropped off noticeably in the past week (for me anyway) and was wondering if anyone else had seen the same change. I suspect it's just due to the on-going changes in experimental mode.