Other Survivors; Friend or Foe or None?

ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members

I think a lot of people would go with the safe bet and say that if any other survivors were to be met, they would be friendly, but I think that would be more of a step back in terms of this game.

I recently watched a video that described Subnautica as "A horror game in disguised"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=F3K4FqpPyMk

I think they should stick with that theme. The theme that you are, in fact, alone on a world a few thousand lightyears away from any civilization, where nothing but the unknown is below you. I think if they were to bring survivors along, they would have to be enemies; people gone insane or people barely surviving and having to try and kill you for your stuff. Their very basic survival instincts kick in and it's kill or be killed.

I think giving players that sense of company, at least in the human sense, when surrounded by potential danger, is going to give hope, and thus, lesson the fear of the unknown. If they add survivors, make them enemies. If not, there's no problem.

Whaddya guys think?