Ideas for warper

creeper_wickcreeper_wick Life Pod 19 Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215184Members
On Trello, I noticed that on the "doing" category, that it mentioned "implement warper". So, I thought, what is he going to do? I feel like instead of warping you to a random part of the map, he could warp you to a story section of the game, or a randomly generated map, just to help,get more resources, or find new fish and biomes. I feel like the warpers could be the sentient beings of the world to, due to how they resemble a human, if they aren't the sentient ones, my next guess is the crab squid. If it was anything, I feel like it would be story related, or brings you to a randomly generated map. What do you guys think it would do?

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The warper should be intelligent enough to not simply attack. It might manipulate creatures into attacking. Sort of attack general. Warps in, emitts panic waves to turn creatures aggresive and after some time warps out.

If caught alone it escapes by warping, but allows you to follow the gate if you arrive before 10 seconds are up. It doesn't attack itself.

The warp would follow a certain warp network built into the game map. Warpers could long warp to the network (taking a few seconds) or short warp for small travels without taking time, but just leading 50m ahead. They'd do until they reach a warp nexus of the warp network and otherwise short warp or swim.

The player could watch a warper entering a nexus and get to their travel routes by following through the gates before they close. Warpers could set up defense points, so the player following leads them into a trap with a sea dragon waiting for him.

Some caves and places can only be accessed by following warpers in their warp gate trail. There should be some secret warper kind of settlement depending on what the story wants the warpers to be.

All that needs to be done for that warp network mystery would be to define a warp travel node network with directions to other nodes. And of course warpers travelling along that pathes in routine, opening up visual animated warp gates between those nexus points. The short warps would be more difficult and not that necessary, as the warpers could swim fast.

That means we'll see spawnable warpers this month. But it would take more time for the warper network to integrate into the map or create warper specific map parts.