Fast food deliveries

HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
An evil thought occurred to me while microwaving my breakfast.

Periodic creature attacks on bases seems to be coming. But they could so easily be turned into fast food deliveries. Build your base near a lava geyser and place current generators to herd and blast fish into it. Base is protected and you get a lot of cooked fish.

Comments

• TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    That is a devious and cruel plan. I love it.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Sea Dragon Leviathan steaks for erryone! :smiley:
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Reaper Filets for all!!
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    Reaper-Peeper Stew...
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    thats if you dont burn to death while grabbing the cooked fish..
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    blurbrerrr wrote: »
    thats if you dont burn to death while grabbing the cooked fish..

Seed the area with a few gravity spheres in strategic places and they'll hoover up enough.
  • HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I concur. Gravity spheres could get the little ones and either a propulsion orrepulsion cannon should be able to get the bigger ones. Or just another well placed current generator.

Though personally I am very prone to setting myself on fire near geysers. Possibly too much hair product.
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    Yah that white phosphorus mousse has great all-day hold but tends to light up a bit too readily.
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    edited April 2016
    Although we then get into the screwy damage and temperature in the game. It's always bothering me that I'm being boiled alive in seconds by temperatures that I endure in real life for hours, and indeed, don't find particularly uncomfortable.

For those of you who still work in Obsolete Fahrenheit, here are some points to remember with the Celsius/Centigrade scale.

0 °C = The freezing point of water.
    100 °C = The boiling point of water.
    16 °C+ = The temperature at which thermal generators work. (60.8 °F)
    28 °C = One of the temperatures that scalded and even killed me in on of my playthroughs. (82.4 °F)
    9 °C = The common temperature inside our base. (48.2 °F) - This planet is a little nippy.

Before anyone plays the pedant, I am aware that with regards to water that the scale is "a particular type of water" as various impurities raise and lower boiling/freezing point. Like salt. Lowers the boiling point dramatically. Besides, pure water freezes at −0.0001 °C and it boils (in 1 standard atmosphere) at 99.9839 °C. Close enough, okay?

• badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    Are we actually human?
    Or Cyborgs on a mission to preserve life.

Although I do admit to pretty much eradicating every living thing within 100 feet of my base! :#