Lockers should auto supply fabricators

slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
I love that minecraft mod where you can put a chest next to a construction table and it opens the chest inventory with the crafting table grid.

How about any material in lockers is available to fabricators in the same building/sub? Save having to find where you stored that item and take it to the fabricator. Just dump it in the storage chest and it can be used to build anytime.

Comments

• HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    I truly don't hate the idea but IMO it isn't necessary in this game. At least not yet.

Presently crafting anything requires a minuscule number of components. Generic room. Organize your lockers. You'll know where everything is.

I don't think the large lockers have labels built in, but you can probably put signs above them?
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Why should it matter in a world where you can pull your tiny builder that can create a moonpool from 9 inventory items? Or a mobile vehicle bay creating a large sub from a few elements?

It might matter for fabricator systems to pull resources from containers if the recipes would include realistic masses that don't just fits in your pockets. But this is a strange world where the player inventory is bigger than a seamoth or locker inventory and you can pull a sub or moonpool out of thin air with a few elements.

Maybe I just keep my labeled locker rooms that show me where to find everything. Of course, if the devs would allow modding, we could fix a few things ourselves.