Beacons and markers

Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
They are handy. And needed. No doubt here.

But when you place a few of them around the world, when you pair them up with markers for your Cyclops, Seamoth, life pod... you see nothing but those white flashing things everywhere. Personally, I find it annoying, distracting, and it seriously affects my enjoyment of the beautiful underwater world.

Is there any way to toggle both beacons and markers on and off that I've missed so far? If not, are there any plans to implement such a feature? Pretty please?

Comments

• ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    Big time bump.

Beacon toggle please. :*
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    F6 does toggle thru a few options to hide the ui in some way, (as in, you can press F6 a few time and see if one of the option suits you) Besides that, i dont think theres a toggle option made only for the beacons sadly
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    F6 does toggle thru a few options to hide the ui in some way, (as in, you can press F6 a few time and see if one of the option suits you) Besides that, i dont think theres a toggle option made only for the beacons sadly

Did not know that, thanks!

Sadly, I checked in game, and while F6 pressed twice does hide both beacons and markers, it also hides the vital stats at the same time, so it's not very useful in survival mode. It will be perfect for creative, though. Better that than nothing, I suppose.

So again, dear devs - beacon and marker toggle, please!
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited March 2016
    How about having a tab on your PDA where you can choose to "tune in" to a particular beacon you've placed, like choosing a radio station. That would be the only one flashing. (besides your SeaMoth and LifePod)

Edit: Maybe the same interface could be used to tune into the various "signals" you discover.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    A screen with a bunch of checkboxes to turn things on/off would be ideal.
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    I'd certainly love if we could change what they look like or how they act. Like having the options to choose if they flash, if they're static etc. Also, I'd like to be able to turn some off. Like, the lifepod or the Cyclops; I basically never go back to the lifepod so I don't need that flashing on my screen and RN the cyclops is useless so I just have it sat at my base so I know where it is. Just toggle-able switch inside the two could be great.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    Beacons can have a tab in the PDA with a check on and off box.