Base Flooded: Should be issues with opening/closing bulkhead doors containing flooded sections

fireblade274fireblade274 maryland Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215022Members
When your base floods (which should happen slightly more often) there should be some animation of trying to close the door when water is building up in one of the compartments, maybe showing some water starting to flood into the "dry" compartment while your closing the door to the compartment that's Flooding, depending on if the base is full of water or not before you get to close the door.

Now if you even wanted to open the bulkhead with one side containing flooding, it would need to be mechanically powered to get it to open it, depending on the amount of water pressing on the door. Lets assume they already are hydraulically powered.

Recently I had a base flood and was able to get to my one safe room behind a bulk head. I let the bad section flood. I opened the bulkhead to see what would happen; water does not rush in and push you away, it just stays stagnant like there is an invisible glass wall in the doorway. Walk through the door way and you instantly start swimming

I believe this should get a card on trello.

I will say that I love how there is indications of which sections have flooded in your base, denoted by a "xray" kind of HUD showing a blue shaded in where a compartment is flooded

Comments