Artificial horizon

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
So, something I've noticed is a recurring problem with the SeaMoth is the lack of an artificial horizon.
When you're off in the middle of nowhere, with neither the surface nor any landmass in visible range, it's kind of hard to find out which way is "up." This can be an issue when all you want to do is get to the surface. Holding the "up" button while swimming makes you go directly up. With the Seamoth, it's in whatever direction the top of the Moth is. So, if you're actually facing the surface, you could end up slamming your back into a wall.
Getting out to look at the Moth can help, but that's kind of a bad idea when you're wandering the Dunes. In the SeaMoth, you can just drive in the opposite direction, but outside of it, it delays you enough that a Reaper isn't going to have any trouble killing you.
So, what I'm proposing is a simple artificial horizon, maybe to give the dashboard behind the steering wheel something to do, for the SeaMoth.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2016
    my solution to that problem was very simple i found out. Just look at your depth meter, move into any direction and if its counting up to zero you know youre going to the surface :)
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    my solution to that problem was very simple i found out. Just look at your depth meter, move into any direction and if its counting up to zero you know youre going to the surface :)

Yeah, the general direction of the surface... but sometimes I want to go directly upwards so that I can keep the location on the surface marked by my SeaMoth.