The long awaited bedroom furniture!

Comments

• LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    edited May 2016
    Talking about stuffs takes less time and effort than actually making actual stuffs.
    Suggestions are nice, but don't go overboard. Devs don't have the time to take each of our opinions/ideas into consideration.
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    ...sometimes its not an issue to listen the community of your game...
    edited May 2016
    ...sometimes its not an issue to listen the community of your game...

And yes, thanks to some certain whining people, they've pushed the update, and now those whining people backed it up again with "the feeling of a not-so-completed" update.

Sure they did listen to us, it's just that some of us didn't even bother to look for what's been added, but only for the bugs and what's been missing. Quite constructive, I must say.
    They pushed the update for the whining gamers? After some comments from the developers I've to say: I don't think so mate.
    edited May 2016
    They pushed the update for the whining gamers? After some comments from the developers I've to say: I don't think so mate.

M6KczSW.png?1
    This was not Cory Strader related....
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    OOoo look at this shiny picture ..... where these bedroom props always emitting lights in the past or is this recent? i cant recall :smiley:

xy4niadbpga6.jpg

cant wait for em to be scannable/buildable :wink:
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I'm excited by the ability to turn the lights on and off! Now if they let us play custom MP3s... I might not come back up for air...
  • hmcivhmciv TX Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216033Members
    GIN34Pz.jpg

Okay after seeing that picture, I decided that the developers next major release must include an interactive air hockey table. ;)
    A half air hockey table is enought. Because you're still alone... :D
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    edited May 2016
    Hey Junior, I see you've cleaned up! Now Mama can come visit without being heartbroken that you're living like a refugee ever since you moved out of the house! You have just enough time to put some real food in the fridge so I won't complain to Aunt Gladys that you're dying of starvation..
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    A small feedback on trashcans and snack machines:
    They are ugly and out of style, unlike the rest of the furniture that looks cool.
    Maybe polish them, display alterra nutrient bars instead normal snacks.
    They could.also need a function. The trash can could simply delete any items put into it. Like being a tech disintegrator. The snack machine could hold all kind of preserved food or simply different nutrient bars.
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    They could.also need a function. The trash can could simply delete any items put into it. Like being a tech disintegrator. The snack machine could hold all kind of preserved food or simply different nutrient bars.

Being able to grab food out of wrecks and abandoned bases would certainly make wreck exploration more realistic and worthwhile. Now we just search wrecks for blueprint fragments. Maybe have some crates store various resources.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I would like to see SLEEP being a factor for the character, now that beds are in game.
    yomama wrote: »
    Hey Junior, I see you've cleaned up! Now Mama can come visit without being heartbroken that you're living like a refugee ever since you moved out of the house! You have just enough time to put some real food in the fridge so I won't complain to Aunt Gladys that you're dying of starvation..

:D:D:D
    It's a shame that the only female char who comes to visit me is my mother:disappointed: F......... planet :tired_face:
    I've cleaned up the whole station because I've all the time of the world now. I've to wait for the dev's to implement a fridge.

BTW: I did not go out of your house. I was kicked out :disappointed: Its not water around me. These are tears of disappointment :cold_sweat:
    Why is no argument for you, that with 50 years age I'm simply am too young to lead its own budget. (But this is an other story)...

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    BTW: I did not go out of your house. I was kicked out :disappointed: Its not water around me. These are tears of disappointment :cold_sweat:

from now on everytime ill hear the line ''Cry me a river'' ill think about this game instantly haha
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Wondering what the snack mashines have to offer... .

Edit: And maybe more important, where do you get the coins for them? xD

Coins in a SciFi game? :D

But you should rather ask for the output:
    • Nutrient bars with pizza flavor
    • Nutrient bars with steak flavor
    • Nutrient bars with chocolate flavor

Then you curse and create your own snacks:
    • Peeper a la carte (as soon as we catch one)
    • Reaper spareribs (where no cook has gone before)
    • Hot Lava Larva (forget chilli)
    • Spicey Crabsquid (the cooks never came back)
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Reaper spareribs...the only ones you can admire from the inside...
  • margifishmargifish North Carolina Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216796Members
    Yay! No more putting two benches together and pretending they're a makeshift bed for my desperate maroonee lol
    dangit. at final long ****** last!! this is my first really pass at a bedroom in subnautica! yay :smiley:

hjagdfszs0b1.jpg

gonna have alot of fun decorating all those unused empty rooms in my base :blush:
  • GhozgulGhozgul France Join Date: 2016-05-12 Member: 216670Members
    I agree with a lot of point Zetachron, a lighting system like the Cyclops could be awesome, with light control by the desk (so you can place a lot of control point in your giant base) and the light off make the base "invisible" from creature, less attack. And totally agree with all decorative points.
  • ech0gh0stech0gh0st CA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216637Members

Instead of coins just insert your alterra card :)
    ech0gh0st wrote: »

Instead of coins just insert your alterra card :)

I forgot mine in the Aurora and entered the Lifepod without it ... Panic, you know. Maybe I'll find another alterra authorization card at the abondoned bases ...
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited May 2016
    Love the new furniture, but isn't it all a bit spit and polish? Excluding the Bed, chairs and shelves (all of which have a practical use), I figure the more decorative stuff could wait until later in the development, or even post-indev when all the more critical stuff is out of the way and the game goes from Early Access Beta to RC.

That being said, now that it's already been implemented, I'm gonna go have fun decorating my room.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Ghozgul wrote: »
    I agree with a lot of point Zetachron, a lighting system like the Cyclops could be awesome, with light control by the desk (so you can place a lot of control point in your giant base) and the light off make the base "invisible" from creature, less attack. And totally agree with all decorative points.

Thats why I want a control room/consoles that can control lighting, doors, and a camera system.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    Love the new furniture, but isn't it all a bit spit and polish? Excluding the Bed, chairs and shelves (all of which have a practical use), I figure the more decorative stuff could wait until later in the development, or even post-indev when all the more critical stuff is out of the way and the game goes from Early Access Beta to RC.
    That stuff was needed to help decorate the Aurora, wrecks, and abandoned bases. It is a very simple task to just make them buildable in your base as well, as long as they are just decoration. It would be nice to add some gameplay function to some of them, but that is where we run into a more significant cost with programming time, and have to think carefully about priorities. So, yeah, for the time being that stuff is just going to be cosmetic only.