Builder is not working - FIXED

PhidioPhidio Germany Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214574Members
edited March 2016 in Modding
Hey I need some help, with my builder. I wanted to create a skin for the rifle, and I put my files into the materialsrc foulder in my source directory.

1st Problem: in the builder settings I cant choose my output directory, only my source directory.
2nd Problem: when I want to start building, it says "The configuration is not valid."

Can somebody help me?

EDIT: Ok I found out how to solve it. I had to load builder_setup_development.xml instead of builder_setup.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Phidio wrote: »
    Hey I need some help, with my builder. I wanted to create a skin for the rifle, and I put my files into the materialsrc foulder in my source directory.

1st Problem: in the builder settings I cant choose my output directory, only my source directory.
    2nd Problem: when I want to start building, it says "The configuration is not valid."

Can somebody help me?

EDIT: Ok I found out how to solve it. I had to load builder_setup_development.xml instead of builder_setup.

Builder is designed to be used in conjunction with LaunchPad, which sets up mods. The typical workflow is to setup a new mod with Launchpad, and launch all the programs you need from that window, rather than launch them from the ns2 folder. If you use Launchpad, there is no setup required for builder.