How do I keep open Phase Gate after power node went down?

FriendlyNeighbourFriendlyNeighbour North Join Date: 2015-01-25 Member: 201047Members
I've seen some marine comms being able to re-activate phase gate after the power node went down, how is it possible to do that?
Thanks!

Comments

• AbsurdonAbsurdon Germany Join Date: 2015-02-09 Member: 201274Members
    edited March 2016
    there is something called power surge (or similar) which basically can power a single building for a short amount of time. as i'm not a commander i can't tell u anything more about it like the requirements and ressource costs but u might just hop into sandbox and look for it.
    test it out (destroy a power node as a onos, console command onos, then get back to marines again, drop a structure where u destroyed the node and try it out)
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've seen some marine comms being able to re-activate phase gate after the power node went down, how is it possible to do that?
    Thanks!

First of all you need to have a Robotics Factory in any other powered place.
    Then, you will be able to use power surge on any unpowered structure. By default it is:
    Assist(E) -> PowerSurge(Z)

The most useful structures to use this are the Phase Gate and the Observatory (in order to be able to beacon). But you can also use it on the Infantry Portal (so a marine is able to respawn) or on the Armory (so your teammates can heal during those 10 seconds)

You could even power surge the Prototype Lab so a marine is able to buy an Exosuit while the rest of the team welds the power node
  • FriendlyNeighbourFriendlyNeighbour North Join Date: 2015-01-25 Member: 201047Members
    edited March 2016
    Blrg wrote: »
    Thanks!

First of all you need to have a Robotics Factory in any other powered place.
    Then, you will be able to use power surge on any unpowered structure. By default it is:
    Assist(E) -> PowerSurge(Z)

The most useful structures to use this are the Phase Gate and the Observatory (in order to be able to beacon). But you can also use it on the Infantry Portal (so a marine is able to respawn) or on the Armory (so your teammates can heal during those 10 seconds)

You could even power surge the Prototype Lab so a marine is able to buy an Exosuit while the rest of the team welds the power node

Thanks!
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    Sentry Battery (the artist formerly known as Power Pack) used to be able to power a limit of one structure per location, ie: a fun ninja Phase Gate power option. Which got removed and demoted to Sentry Battery. So yeah, now we have that Power Surge.
  • Shifter6Shifter6 Join Date: 2017-01-11 Member: 226556Members
    Ok so these posts are not accurate anymore to current ns2. Power surge costs 15 team res (IE the commander's resources) and can be purchased at any time from any command station. Power surge has a fairly long cool down, costs five resources to use, and not only repowers structures but also does ~25 damage to aliens around the surged structure and causes them to have more attack delay (the same effect as the pulse grenade). Hope this helped!
  • AdambeanAdambean Cardiff, South Wales Join Date: 2005-06-03 Member: 53038Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Sentry Battery (the artist formerly known as Power Pack) used to be able to power a limit of one structure per location, ie: a fun ninja Phase Gate power option. Which got removed and demoted to Sentry Battery. So yeah, now we have that Power Surge.

oh boy that takes me back :o yeah that was quite unbal.