Give escape pod limited power

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
I'd like to see the escape pod's power cells be damaged or destroyed. Perhaps two of the power cells have been damaged beyond repair. The last power cell is partially damaged, to the point that the player gets 5 to 10 in-game days of use out of it. The pod would go dark after this, but would allow very limited/slow use to build just a few things a day (just in case the player screwed up and didn't build enough before time was up).

P.S. The player could later replace the damaged power cells if desired.

Comments

• MechfriedMechfried Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214552Members
    Please not, it is a game breaker if the life pod doesn't have infinite energy.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2016
    Mechfried wrote: »
    Please not, it is a game breaker if the life pod doesn't have infinite energy.

If you run out of power totally before creating a habitat builder yer pretty much fvked. Veterant players know what to do efficiently from a new game but new players dont so this situation could happen to any newbee easily, so i tend to agree that this might be a bad idea.

Edit: however, if this was applied to the Hardcore mode it might be justified by the fact that its not recommended to play on Hardcore if its your first time playing Subnautica i guess as its very easy to die if you dont know what youre doing
  • RedNuiiRedNuii North America Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214621Members
    Maybe a different idea would be to make the escape pod slowly float away after a while, making players less reliant on it because it is more tedious to get to. Just an idea
  • FlammaRilvaFlammaRilva Taiwan Join Date: 2016-03-21 Member: 214633Members
    Or 10 times or 50 times of energy that 4 power cells should have.
    And plus with tons of warning reminds player to make new power cells or habitats.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I pointed out that it would still let you do limited stuff each day even if it lost power - e.g. it would have partial regenerative ability, just not unlimited.
  • MechfriedMechfried Join Date: 2016-03-20 Member: 214552Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    I pointed out that it would still let you do limited stuff each day even if it lost power - e.g. it would have partial regenerative ability, just not unlimited.

the thing is... this is the current lifepod
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This has beginners trap written all over it, hardcore mode, sure why not. But not for the other modes. Wait reading back the thread I just summarized it...

Well than, there ya go :tongue: