ns2_tram_siege - 12 21 2015 14 08 59 05

KKyleKKyle Michigan Join Date: 2005-07-01 Member: 55067Members

This is a HEAVILY modified version of ns2_tram or whatever the name is, to fit into Siege.

Edit: Here is a another video of ns2_tram_Siege from 12 23 2015

At first this map started as ns2_tramsiege or ns2_tram_siege I forget which, by Brian. In
which he simply modified the map to fit into siege, by creating an new layout design never
before seen in Siege.

The concept was simple, but very difficult to implement. Brian's idea was to have marines
start in the middle of the map, and work clockwise, with doors opening throughout the round
to make it so the clockwise direction is not needed after enough time has passed.

There was in a map going off memory from ns1 named Lozarath.. or something like that, don't quote me on the
name, but there was a siege map in ns1 with similar ideas of having timed doors other than front and siege,
that allow direct access to otherwise restricted areas... (However I never wanted to port this one :P)

From September 2014 on-wards, Brian updated the map maybe once or twice, but soon after I took control
on-top of my responsibilities of managing the server, and the NS2Siege itself, along with the entire mapycle
of other siege maps and then some.

So throughout these many versions of converting tram to siege, I got more and more cocky with my updates.
Less and less in tune with what others wanted, simply because I grew to use the tools, so I felt I had
the say in how it should be played, but on-top of that I understood from a gamedev perspective
what works and what does not work when played, based on my own knowledge of playing guitar (Really,
pick up the guitar and play a song and after a while if you keep at it you will make the song your own
with your own customization's to fit your very own fingers for others ears to hear)

Nonetheless on this day December of 21st of 2015 I recorded this video with this specific version of
ns2_tram_siege which before recording I spent a lot of time on completely redoing everything
in the map from scratch. Like I'm a new player who doesn't know anything and just wanted to make it my own
with the side of common sense to help me.

I deleted every useless light which haltered performance, every confusing entity, and I
implemented my own breakable doors which i finished after UWE did not. I basically made the map
what I felt best given what I had to offer and this video is a demonstration of my makings when played on a full server.

Of course this is my own perspective. Granted it's written at 10:24 AM 3.15.16 without any form
of brainstorming or second thought. If i made a mistake in this description, then forgive me, as
I am doing my best to just come to peace with having quit ns2siege as of 3.2. As this was a true
passion of mine to make ns2siege, the mod, the maps, to host a server with friends and such.