Terraformer Saved My Cyclops!

KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
Those busy little robots built my Cyclops right over some shallow water. When it dropped, it was stuck. Never been used but already run aground! :D

Fortunately, with the Terraformer still in the game, I was able to remove the terrain underneath and set it free. If the Terraformer had already been removed, I guess my Cyclops would have remained there as an artificial reef. :/

Comments

• mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    The first time I built a cyclops I did about the same thing. Put my sub builder in to shallow of water and it dropped it right on top of a chunk o land n reef. The lesson I learned from that mistake was ALWAYS make sure its facing towards deep water. :D Whenever I build the cyclops now I always put it at the edge of safe shallows and a deeper biome, facing out into the deeper area so the sub wont get dropped into something and damaged, or worse, stuck.

• rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    yeah, I do the same, after I got it semi-grounded with my second launch (the first one I just got lucky, I think), fortunately, despite grounding, I was able to eventually move it off (lots of wiggling, up and downing, etc.....)
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    This might be a French video, but this dude (Squeezie) had the same problem. Watch how he had a game orgasm as he constructed the cyclops, and lost his erection immediately.

• KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    edited March 2016
    Could be worse -- a player in a different forum mentioned that their Cyclops was accidentally constructed right above their base. When it was finished and gravity took over, well, let's just say they were very glad they had a welder handy to patch things up. :D