Bugged Deep Mushroom Farm (Static sounds + game instability) - Farming Update [Feb.2016]

PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
Hi everyone

Don't grow Deep mushrooms in the stable version of the game.

When i did in the first time i didn't knew that it was because of them that my game became completely unstable and with a static-screeching sound.

Today i played the game, setup my farm and what i did witnessed was that:
The deep mushroom spores, are completely bugged.
You can destroy the deep mushrooms for the spores but if put in your farm, they will still grow which it isn't really a problem itself since they will share a similar growth when compared to the regular acid mushrooms.

What does happen, is that when they reach their maturity. They will disappear and you will start hearing a static-screeching sound, if you ignore this - which you shouldn't and it is impossible at the same time Lol - The game will become completely unstable.
On my end the sound was permanent, my observatory deck started to have a "leaking sound" without having any leaks. My thermal-reactors weren't working properly they had 50 Power, but in an instant they had 0 Power, So on and so forth... The reefbacks started jumping out of the water... well you get the point.

If you want to avoid this "major bug" you should avoid farm them.

But there is another solution.

- !Friendly Disclaimer! -

DO NOT SAVE DURING THE TIME THAT THIS... BUG... IS IN AFFECT!
If you do it will become permanent in your save file.

Without saving, go immediately to your Deep mushroom farm and destroy the "farmer pot" - embarrassing can't remember the name..
If you want to save your save file, be sure to destroy it fast. If you take to long the there will be consequences for your save file.

In case your game, gets completely bugged or unstable- which i really doubt since it didn't happened to me - Delete your save file's
Computer->Local Disk->Programs->Steam->Steamapps->common->subnautica->SNAppData->savedfiles [the savefileName is something like:slot0000]
uninstall it and reinstall it.
Just in case, if some files get corrupted this way the game will be completely new.