Game worked fine until a few days ago now crashes very often

GrimfangGrimfang Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13086Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited March 2016 in Technical Support
I have been playing for years without problems, but yesterday, my game crashed 5 times in a row when I try and start it. I don#t get past the Steam dialog saying that it#s starting NS. Today I played a game, and when loggin out, it crashed again. Asking me to send support information about the crash. I have tried to send the report, but it never finishes sending the report, even after letting it sit for an hour.

I tried to run the tech support program, but that one also hangs.

I have verified my game on steam, I have deleted all mods including the workshop folder. I have not done any system changes in the last few days, or installed new version of any programs. I#m running the game on windows 10, and since the game has been running fine for months, I doubt it's the hardware.

If anyone have some suggestions I would like to know of them.

UPDATE: Seems to be slightly better, so I will just keep an eye on this, not sure what changed.

Comments

• ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    The tech support application is pretty bad sometimes, and appears to hang due to the size of dumps. You may have to wait a while for it (and I do mean a while). Dumps are good though. Post your logs if you can with a pastebin link.