Bugs in farming update

sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
edited February 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
First bug, can`t put a hatch on large aquarium, I`ve tried everything.
Second bug, when completely harvesting a plant which destroyed it. I opening the pot menu after. PDA says nothing is blank and can`t close it either.
Third bug, certain plants that I know are harvestable are not like the tentacle plant in the blood kelp.
Forth is not a bug but real annoying why trying to find the sea crown plant , events I did find it but according to wiki their only two, Wtf is with that.
Fifth, can`t find eggs , I'm not kidding his nearly possible to find any eggs
That all the bugs I know of, at the moment. Please tell me what bugs you have experience, thank you.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I find three eggs in the safe shallows/Creepvine areas within about ten minutes of playing, so I don't think there's a bug there.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    I'm also having your second bug, when interacting with a planter. It seems to occur specifically after I remove a plant from it by left clicking, OR when using the knife. Once one of the plants dissapears from the planter it automatically pops up the PDA as if I clicked to put a plant in, but its completely blank. Only way I found to close it, is to move away from the planter so it auto closes. There is no button or anything else that makes it go away. Seems to fix itself when I exit the game and come back in, but it occurs again with a high frequency.

Im having another bug where the interactable objects in the wrecks like the bulkheads you can open or cut open with your laser tool, along with some other stuff, are teleporting some distance in a random direction, then also going into the sky above the water line about the length of the cyclops.

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm having the same bugs as mndfreeze. Reload doesn't fix it for me though. I switched my indoor planters to all hanging fruit, and now I just pick the fruit, which doesn't break the planter. They're also very high in water content, so I hardly need my purifier machines.
  • XearoXearo France Join Date: 2015-03-19 Member: 202303Members
    It seems everyone has the same problem with planters :/
    I hope this will be fixed soon !
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I have a feeling it will be - I know not long after the H20 update released they did a "stability" patch to address issues with the big patch. Given their track record thus far, I'm confident the devs are on this.
  • LeashaFayeLeashaFaye Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213662Members
    I'm having the same second problem. Also I go to collect scraps for blue prints and they're not doing anything. Just the ones I don't have yet. It doesn't collect it, and it doesn't even give me titanium. It shows a loading wheel, and no matter how long I wait it continues loading. Anyone else having this problem?
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    LeashaFaye wrote: »
    I'm having the same second problem. Also I go to collect scraps for blue prints and they're not doing anything. Just the ones I don't have yet. It doesn't collect it, and it doesn't even give me titanium. It shows a loading wheel, and no matter how long I wait it continues loading. Anyone else having this problem?

I just started having this issue with the cyclops blueprints. I had read about someone else having the issue a day or two back and when I got home that morning from work (I work nights) I meandered into the dunes without meaning too, but I could see those cyclops bridge chunks appearing and falling in the distance so I had to brave it. Nedless to say I scanned 3 of them, but never got the credit for it. It still has the progress bar that says 3/3 for cyclops bridge blueprints. The hull and engines both went fine the day before.

On a save/reload I did notice that now the primary cyclops blueprint shows up in the bottom section with the other learned blueprints in the PDA blueprint tab, but it still says 3/3 wih the progress bar at the top for the bridge fragments. I have not tried to actually craft it yet as I'm refraining from console and have not gathered all the stuffs yet.

finally, on the same issue, but different bug. Just before posting this as I was out scouring the grand reef I went into my blueprints to see if I had any parts of the stasis rifle or propolsion gun, and was looking at the cyclops progress bar at the top as well as the round cyclops completed blueprint icon in the bottom. I left clicked on the circle completed cyclops blueprint in the bottom section and it completely and utterly hard locked my computer complete with stuttered buzzing audio. Subnautica has *never* crashed on me before, but clicking on that cyclops blueprint icon definitely did it.

tl;dr: same bugs, more details, and an additional bug.
  • Chaos565Chaos565 Join Date: 2016-03-03 Member: 213752Members
    I've searched the forums to make sure i don't double post this but I've found a bug of my own with the Moon Pools. its only happened to me while in the Grassy Plateaus. The Pools end up completely flooded and breached upon stepping out with give or take 3-5 breaches on the walls... upon fixing two of them, the rest disappear and the draining systems kick in only to happen again once i leave the pool... i currently have two pools side by side in this base... no other base has given me this issue.
  • AEryon_CloudDancerAEryon_CloudDancer USA Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213609Members
    Yeah the whole glitched tank after you harvest anything in an aquarium with your knife (May be caused by other harvest methods too but I haven't seen it).

Once you chop a piece of creepvine with your knife and completely harvest the plant you get the blank PDA popping up and unable to be put away in any method but swimming up and away from the planter...

See the video below:
    http://plays.tv/video/56d79bf04e85193f83/well-had-3-fully-grown-creep-vines-4-deep-shrooms-in-5-story-high-large-aquarium-after-harvested-everything?from=user

Like I said in the notes on the video... you can make this behavior stop by deconstructing and reconstructing the Aquariums...
  • LaokiaLaokia TN, USA Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213570Members
    edited March 2016
    Another few bugs bug relating to the farming update- the Gastropod, creepvine seed glow, and knifing destruction.

1) Gastropod (disappointing)- For some reason when hatching a Gastropod egg, the creature just... isn't there. I am not sure if the aquarium still counts it as an entity, but you cannot see or interact with one anywhere. I joked that perhaps it 'gassed' itself to death, but... I really don't know. I can hear Gastropod sounds, but I am 90% sure those are from the wild ones outside my base.

2) Creepvine seed glow (minor, graphical)- Another thing is the creepvine seed clusters- they give off that nice glow, but that glow can be seen outside your base surrounding it even if you don't have any windows around it. I don't really mind this one, I am only mentioning it because it is just a tad... odd? I like the effect but it would just make a bit more sense to only glow when there are windows. Purely a visual bug.

3) Knifing destruction (annoying)- The last bug I have to mention is using your knife inside the aquariums. For some reason this seems to damage your base. My hull repeatedly busts open even though the integrity is high (well over 100) and the depth is only 20-30 meters, perhaps less. If I need to harvest plants or seeds in my aquarium I pretty much need to have my welder on hand to repair the damage as soon as I'm done.

(In relation to that last one, the water filling your base also seems to fill your fish tank... which of course doesn't make sense considering the tank is already full of water; again this one is a visual bug.)

I also have trouble with the blank PDA in the tank planter. The only ways I have found to get out of the PDA is to move away or manage to exit the tank (which I suppose counts as moving away anyway... xD). This bug will remain until you restart the game (using the GAMERESET console command works fine). It doesn't matter if you save after the bug, thank goodness. I never tried to deconstruct the tank to resolve it as I've always had too many fish inside.

Relating to the blueprint issue:

A few of the progress bars refuse to leave after the data reaches 100%. Some fragments also refuse to give titanium when you scan them after obtaining the blueprint; these might be the same ones that still have the progress bar. Sorry, I cannot check as I can't run Subnautica if any other windows/programs are open, but I will try to find out and edit this post once I do (if editing your own posts is even possible on this forum; this is my first post here. It would be kinda silly if it was disabled, but hey, it has happened xD) -Totally possible.
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
    Hey guy found out the reason I couldn't put a hatch on my large aquarium. Apparently you can't build in pre update buildings. I preplanned where I was going to put thing like for plant pots for the greenhouse and fish farms with the large aquarium. So I had to destroy and rebuild parts of my base so I could build the hatches on the large aquarium. weird huh