Patch 287 Released on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

13»

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    remi wrote: »
    They just shouldn't promote useless playstyles.
    Yup. I remember achievements in TF2 that did that...
    iGtnUEj.png
    Useless playstyles are fine solo, but in a team game, it can really harm the experience for others.

Um, that is standard Pyro play with the Axtinguisher... And a very effective way of killing enemies at that :)

Hmm, 1 HP getaway achievements (1/100), occurs for the Skulk regularly during normal rounds... As you can see from my sig, I should have a badge!

Lucky Escape (1/100): Escape with 1Hp from combat, as a Skulk
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Um, that is standard Pyro play with the Axtinguisher... And a very effective way of killing enemies at that :)

Yeah, I think there's another one related to doing similar as a medic. It's not to say that you need to play ineffectively to get the achievement, it's that it encourages sub-optimal play. If you don't have the axtinguisher, running around trying to axe people isn't going to work very well.

With out current set of achievements, I experienced the same while trying to get 20 parasites in one round. A lot of engagements I was sitting back parasite while my team was dying. I am not proud of this. :P
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    If you are going to pull from the TF2 achievement library, why not the taunt achievements :D

They classify as useless, but fun. But than again TF2 has a much higher fun factor than serious factor compared to NS2...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    If you are going to pull from the TF2 achievement library, why not the taunt achievements :D

They classify as useless, but fun. But than again TF2 has a much higher fun factor than serious factor compared to NS2...

We already have "Taunt after killing an enemy player", but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

We already have "Taunt after killing an enemy player", but I wouldn't mind seeing more.

You know, next you're going to tell me too look at the achievement list. Stop trying to control me, you know I just do things...
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver

You know, next you're going to tell me too look at the achievement list. Stop trying to control me, you know I just do things...

Actually I suggest you just go look at the achievement list; you can see all the achievements there.

Excellent, one step further on my plan to completely control Kouji San...
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    got killed a skulk achievement after 5 years of gameplay :P but i recently read a topic called
    *Stupidest Achievement Ever: Kill a Rockstar developer in a ranked multiplayer match* for some console game and what are the odds now i need to kill a developer on here?

arent you all playing scubanautica i mean how many will ever complete this acheivement only cdt team?
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You'll get it, Rad. I promise you corner Beige's gorge in a bad spot, or one shot my lerk. It's not as hard as it sounds.

Especially the gorge bit.

Actually I suggest you just go look at the achievement list; you can see all the achievements there.

Are you sure you want to step into my mind :trollface:

Are you sure you want to step into my mind :trollface:

Actually, no, I'm too lazy
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion (that I don't expect will be made).

Achievement for:

1. Link your steam account with your nsl account.
    2. Play one nsl gather.

Can't see how either would be added without significant integration between UWE and NSL systems, seeing as the NSL is independent, I don't see how this would happen.

Also, I can't exactly see gather regulars being open to people joining gathers just for an achievement.
  • Sgt_SassSgt_Sass Join Date: 2016-02-13 Member: 213004Members
    edited March 2016
    Gather regulars sound elitist. I don't think the people that are interested in immersive/completionist gameplay will want to play with them either.
  • TinkiTinki Join Date: 2013-12-03 Member: 189715Members
    edited March 2016
    Gather regulars are mostly pub players.

Edit : actually, seeing the recents event in gathers I guess yeah, some players are toxic to new one in gathers and are actively trying to ban some new players learning the rules
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Foxy wrote: »
    Here's a suggestion (that I don't expect will be made).

Achievement for:

2. Play one nsl gather.

Can't see how either would be added without significant integration between UWE and NSL systems, seeing as the NSL is independent, I don't see how this would happen.

Also, I can't exactly see gather regulars being open to people joining gathers just for an achievement.
    Your NSL account should be linked to your steam account already.. I don't see the difficulty at all.

http://www.ensl.org/users/6871

SteamID
    0:0:944251
    Gather players are mostly pub players, but are pub players mostly gather players?
    Sgt_Sass wrote: »
    Gather players are mostly pub players, but are pub players mostly gather players?
    mind_blown.gif

How can gathers be real if our eyes aren't real?
    If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.

Think about it man.
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members

Achievement for:

Forcing people to link their steam accounts to anything for an achievement is a bad idea...
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    MoFo1 wrote: »
    Achievement for:

Forcing people to link their steam accounts to anything for an achievement is a bad idea...

What's your reasoning for this? Nobody would be forced to do anything, It would be an option if you wanted to complete this achievement. Since when you create an ensl account, you must link your steam id anyways, it's pretty much just asking you to create an account that you may or may not ever use again. Big deal.

Orcs must die has an achievement to link your steam account to your robot games (or whatever) account. I did it, took like 2 minutes, was free, haven't thought about it since. Why is this a bad idea?

On the other hand, an achievement like this would serve to dissuade the trepidation of getting involved with the ensl, which imo is an excellent way to increase the longevity of the game.