The change to silicon rubber was way too aggressive

Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members Posts: 104 Advanced user
The game is nearly unplayable for me now. There simply aren't enough creepvine seed clusters on the map, and collecting them early on is a pain in the ass, not to mention dangerous. I swim out to the kelp forest, grab 4-8 clusters, and only get 2-4 silicon out of it. That simply doesn't work.

Comments

• ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members Posts: 38 Fully active user
    Thats why you can grow them now
    DchicoteSidchickenLordDerp
  • hu11114hu11114 Australia Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213451Members Posts: 3
    How about growing them and farming what you need closer to your base? That's what I do.
    DchicoteSidchicken
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members Posts: 1,005 Advanced user
    Ya, it's more dangerous... but how much silicon rubber do you really need? Unless you're building a crapton of bulkheads, you can get by with a fairly small amount.
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    Dinkelsenblurbrerrr
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members Posts: 176 Advanced user
    I hated the change too, but after few hours I found it good. It "stretches" the early game and forces you to think about inventory to bring as many of them as possible from the start. And we can farm them relatively early too. I say - it was changed for better.
    Up, up and away!
    LordDerpblurbrerrrSidchicken