Farming Update Released! - Subnautica

2»

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    dive reel has become unusable though......

Wait... when was the reel usable? I've never had it work right.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    Can creepvine seed clusters now be planted?

They absolutely can. I planted a bunch in my large aquarium.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    @omegataur I think the abandoned bases were only in the expirimental builds, and they're now 'released' into the regular early development build. PArts of the map were just sand, and have been completed/filled in now. I don't know if the size of the map is increased.

Which parts were just sand? I still seem to have a lot of areas that are still just blank rolling sand. I just assumed they were near the edge of the map and that was why, or they were unfinished zones. I noticed when checking the BIOME page here that the map with all the biomes drawn on it seems to be missing some.
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    Also, planting creepvine makes the bioreactor finally viable. I rolled a new game after the update came out to stable and have had all sorts of fun. Think I'm going to roll another new game when I get off work in 6 hours... I put my base at the edge of the grand reef but didn't notice a sweet black smoker nearby until afterwards, and now I cant seem to decontruct my moon pool and I get way to OCD to just leave a base there and build another 200 yards away.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    edited February 2016
    A polite suggestion for a future update, can we make an actual map room that we can enter explored data into, so that we can have a map of the world explored so far. and to input new map data into the map room machine, there could be like a sea-glide wireless system to upload new data to the machine.

like so:

M= Machine
    SG = Sea-glide M ~~MD~~ SG
    ~~MD~~ = New Map Data (A Data Transfer)
    A polite suggestion for a future update, can we make an actual map room that we can enter explored data into, so that we can have a map of the world explored so far.

There's a forum for suggestions, that very thing has already been suggested several times and in fact is being developed.
  • Beta_Tester_ProphetBeta_Tester_Prophet Crysler,Ontario Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213632Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    A polite suggestion for a future update, can we make an actual map room that we can enter explored data into, so that we can have a map of the world explored so far.

There's a forum for suggestions, that very thing has already been suggested several times and in fact is being developed.

Ok thank you.
    #Subnautica=Life
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    edited February 2016
    Never mind, Beta already explained.
    No idea how they'll implement it - there's cards for some of it on Trello.
    Map_Room_02.max_2B-_2BAutodesk_2B3ds_2BMax_2B_2B2014_2Bx64_2B2016-02-24_2B20.02.37.jpg
    CZ103JhUEAE0bVO.jpg
    maproomcam.jpg
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    The LED light I picked up from a wreck..... think it was in the north-eastern koosh zone.... but there might be other wrecks it's in.....
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    The LED light I picked up from a wreck..... think it was in the north-eastern koosh zone.... but there might be other wrecks it's in.....

That is the only place I recall seeing it, and I've been to them all now. Could possibly be in the big one above Bloodkelp, but I don't think so.