New goodies we just got in (ATTENTION: SPOILERS)

RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
Today ive created a new Hardcore game in the experimental build and im very thrilled with the new stuff that just got implemented. Most of all the cool tech stuff that we used to get automatically at the beginning of a new game is now gone and must be found in the wilds via fragment blueprints! that includes the Seaglide, Mobile Vehicle Bay, solar panels and at long freakin last, the Cyclops is now gone too and must be found via lots of ''Cyclops pieces'' fragments on the ground.

Im so excited, now it really feels like the character is more defenseless at the beginning of the game and needs to explore alot to find the most basic blueprints. Also, some fragments that used to be in different biomes now can be found closer to the starting points like the Bioreactor fragment. If i had one comment id like to make tho, is the fact that you can find all the Seamoth fragments much sooner than the Mobile Vehicle bay ones which are located farther from start in different biomes. Doesnt make much sense to me that you can find all of the seamoth's before the machine required to make it. Personally, id place the Mobile Bay frags in the safe shallows then the Seamoth's farther away where the current Vehicle Bay ones are at right now, but otherwise im very happy with how the changes occured. Ive come across an issue regarding the Seaglide that ive posted in the Bugs section of the forum but im sure itll be fixed soon.

Keep up the good work Devs!

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    meh... would love to play but I'm still unable to :(
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I'll have to have a look tomorrow, though I am still playing on my main save.
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    Hey Rainstorm, a quick question. Are the Cyclops pieces you're finding just plain "Cyclops" and not "Cyclops Engine", "Cyclops cockpit", etc? I thought I read on Trello that they were breaking up the Cyclops into different pieces to find and build over time.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Hey Rainstorm, a quick question. Are the Cyclops pieces you're finding just plain "Cyclops" and not "Cyclops Engine", "Cyclops cockpit", etc? I thought I read on Trello that they were breaking up the Cyclops into different pieces to find and build over time.

They are broken down into different pieces yes and you need to find all the diff ones before being able to make the whole thing =D
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    just some cyclops parts info below.
    hey, i found some cyclops cockpit parts on the other side of the map relative to the aurora, its pretty deep down and there is ALOT of reapers
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    whoooooo boy.... I'm now considering deleting my main game and starting over - is this in stable or experimental build?
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Looking forward to this going live - the cyclops is painfully easy to get in stable right now. I started a hardcore game and was able to build one before I'd even found all the fragments needed for the seamoth.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The distribution of the fragments might need more balancing.

Yes I get the bioreactor almost everywhere, which I never use anyway, as I don't like scavenging just to feed my bioreactor in early game phases and later there are better reactors to go with. But now I had a harder time finding the solar panel fragments than finding the cyclops hull fragments. By the time I got all 2 solar panel fragments I already had build my moonpool, seamoth and seamoth upgrades - yes I had to build the mobile vehicle bay at the lifepod, because I got so many fragments, yet no solar panel fragments.
  • subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    @zetachron Yes, I think you bring up a very valid point here. The solar panels were an essential aspect of the early-game play for me, and having to find their fragments at the start now seems like a little too much complexity. Without the solar panels, it can be pretty difficult to power your base at all, and that usually means you'd be stuck working with the fabricator on the lifepod. This seems a little counter-intuitive to me, for a game based heavily around exploration to make it harder to leave the start area and build seabases elsewhere. Just a thought.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The distribution of the fragments might need more balancing.

Yes I get the bioreactor almost everywhere, which I never use anyway, as I don't like scavenging just to feed my bioreactor in early game phases and later there are better reactors to go with. But now I had a harder time finding the solar panel fragments than finding the cyclops hull fragments. By the time I got all 2 solar panel fragments I already had build my moonpool, seamoth and seamoth upgrades - yes I had to build the mobile vehicle bay at the lifepod, because I got so many fragments, yet no solar panel fragments.

personally i was lucky and found the solar panels within the first hour of gameplay and its the Seaglide fragments i had difficulty finding. I had my seamoth even before i found that accursed 2nd seaglide frag lol. Also, It stroke me a bit weird that seamoth frags are everywhere but the Mobile Bay ones were out way off and very few in numbers (it may just be my dumb luck too, dunno) personally, i'd put the Mobile bay/Seaglide frags closer to the starting point and the Seamoth frags farther.

As for the Bioreactor i almost never use it either, simply because it so tedious to go fetch giant mush plants and now the Creepvines taking 4 slots in the inventory instead of the 1 they used to. Kinda weird that HUMONGOUS mushroom pieces takes 1 slot inventory and small creepvine piece takes 4 imo. Makes early game simply more tedious than adding more gameplay time. For the Bioreactor id make it so the recipe includes more plants to decompose (like acid mushrooms, blue plam, purple fan ....) you know all those plants easily found in the safe shallows. Either that or make it more efficient energy-wise ..... The solar panels, while less effiecient energy-wise, are much easier to make and once theyre made they do not require us to add stuff in them to continue producing energy
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    edited February 2016
    I have put together a list of debug console commands to unlock those blueprints that I could not find fragments for. (That doesn't mean they do not exist I just could not find one)

Blueprint BaseWaterParkBlueprint
    This is the large Aquarium

Blueprint FarmingTrayBlueprint
    The outdoor farming tray (Edit: This can be scanned now and it unlocks the blueprint)

Blueprint PlanterPotBlueprint
    At least one type of planting pots

Blueprint PlanterShelfBlueprint
    The planter shelf

Blueprint PlanterBoxBlueprint
    The indoor planter box

Blueprint PowerTransmitterBlueprint
    Power transmitter. I found a fragment, but coundn't scan it.

Blueprint RadiationSuitBlueprint
    Radiation Suit

Blueprint StillsuitBlueprint
    The Stillsuit
  • xisecxisec Spain Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213219Members
    Radiation Suit

The Stillsuit

You unlock this if...
    ... you craft some lead
    xisec wrote: »
    Radiation Suit

The Stillsuit

You unlock this if...
    ... you craft some lead

ive crafted both lead and fiber mesh pieces, the recipe still isnt in the fabricator for me. Im playing in hardcore mode in the Experimental version.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    ive crafted both lead and fiber mesh pieces, the recipe still isnt in the fabricator for me. Im playing in hardcore mode in the Experimental version.

It didn't show up for me too, but things on experimental change so fast its hard to keep up.
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    Today ive created a new Hardcore game in the experimental build and im very thrilled with the new stuff that just got implemented. Most of all the cool tech stuff that we used to get automatically at the beginning of a new game is now gone and must be found in the wilds via fragment blueprints! that includes the Seaglide, Mobile Vehicle Bay, solar panels and at long freakin last, the Cyclops is now gone too and must be found via lots of ''Cyclops pieces'' fragments on the ground.

Im so excited, now it really feels like the character is more defenseless at the beginning of the game and needs to explore alot to find the most basic blueprints. Also, some fragments that used to be in different biomes now can be found closer to the starting points like the Bioreactor fragment. If i had one comment id like to make tho, is the fact that you can find all the Seamoth fragments much sooner than the Mobile Vehicle bay ones which are located farther from start in different biomes. Doesnt make much sense to me that you can find all of the seamoth's before the machine required to make it. Personally, id place the Mobile Bay frags in the safe shallows then the Seamoth's farther away where the current Vehicle Bay ones are at right now, but otherwise im very happy with how the changes occured. Ive come across an issue regarding the Seaglide that ive posted in the Bugs section of the forum but im sure itll be fixed soon.

Keep up the good work Devs!

ALL fragments will be moved to wrecks, destroyed lifepods and abandoned bases. Also a lot of other blueprints (like the floodlight, LED, furniture, etc.) will be obtained from scannable props in wrecks and abandoned bases. The new radio will give signals that lead the player to wrecks, etc.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    xisec wrote: »
    Radiation Suit

The Stillsuit

You unlock this if...
    ... you craft some lead

It showed back up in my game, but I'm using a previous save and its been 2 days.
  • LeakingAmpsLeakingAmps Join Date: 2016-02-03 Member: 212527Members
    I think they accidentally removed some of the things you're supposed to start with when they started redoing the tech tree.

That said, there's a lot of other goodies around atm, that update wasn't 120 mb for nothing! (Check out the floater island)
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    If they are allready working on fragments for everything shouldn't they also try to change the boxes we need to scan for seamoth,wepends,moonpool into a real looking parts as well.
    You know, To look realistic Just like the cyclops and the other new fragments?
    edited February 2016
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    If they are allready working on fragments for everything shouldn't they also try to change the boxes we need to scan for seamoth,wepends,moonpool into a real looking parts as well.

Oh but they are, its even done if im not mistaken so it should be part of the next big update we are supposed to have somewhere around the end of the week. You can see that for yourself right Here . Im not quite sure yet if thats just damaged techs or actual things we will get to scan for blueprints, but it looks pretty nice :) They said that the fragments we have right now, that looks like little safe, are all going to dissapear and be replaced by the actual thing they are meant to reflect the looks of.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members

Oh but they are, its even done if im not mistaken so it should be part of the next big update we are supposed to have somewhere around the end of the week. You can see that for yourself right Here . Im not quite sure yet if thats just damaged techs or actual things we will get to scan for blueprints, but it looks pretty nice :) They said that the fragments we have right now, that looks like little safe, are all going to dissapear and be replaced by the actual thing they are meant to reflect the looks of.

from my understanding the damaged tech items you see in game are what we're going to have to scan from now on in order to get blueprints. You scan one damaged item and you get a little data from it, scan another of the damaged item and even more data gets added, so on and so forth until you get all the data to unlock the BP. Some of these items you'll find in the damaged escape pods, abandoned bases and wreak pieces.
  • deseizdeseiz belgium Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212437Members

This game is getting better each passing day, man ... cant wait, work faster damn you, haha, jk.
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Does anyone know if the desk will have a function at some point? I mean, it has a bunch of screens and such. Seems like you should be able to do something cool at it.
  • ZetlinZetlin Join Date: 2016-02-01 Member: 212463Members
    Is anyone seeing the map room I'm consumed with excitement