Power supplies and bases

paradineparadine usa Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208004Members
I was wondering if a dev could let me know if it is possible to, if they are going to, or if the idea of:

Having it setup so the power units (solar panels, thermal reactors, bio-reactors, nuclear reactors, relay poles, etc) can be altered in a way to allow them to power more than one base at a time.

Example:
Power supply of 7 solar panels in a group in a shallow area near a geyser where a thermal reactor is built all provide power to a set of relay poles and that power is sent to a "power control unit" (a possible new unit if one is needed to allow this). The PCU divides the power to 3 bases (#1 in grand reef, #2 in safe shallows, #3 in grassy plateaus). This will allow the PCU to act like a battery so it can store unused power and all 3 bases have to share it to not only charge the seamoth(s) but also to run equipment in the bases. I would also make it so the bases regular stuff needs power as well.

#1 Lights in the base require 0.01 unit of power per compartment per day/night cycle.

#2 When you first build a compartment it is full of water that has to be pumped out. (The water pumps that do this use 1.5 units of power to empty the regular straight corridor [for power/size ratio].)

#3 Any fish tanks of any type use power (like to circulate water).

#4 Add in an oxygen generator. (This would be used to refill your o2 tanks once you make them as well as to provide air for the base. Without it the base would slowly fill with water or the air can become toxic.)

#5 Other stuff in the base can also use small amounts of power.